Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    degrandpre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2010, 06:09 AM
    Creditor has filed a judgment, when being paid by me through a debt management progra
    I am paying creditor through Money Management International on a monthly basis. They take from my account $387.50 per month and divide it among my creditors. However, the person who is collecting the debt does not recognize them, but ahe company is accepting the payments and cashing the check.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 06:26 AM

Here is the problem... you are paying the Debt management company... your creditors have no obligation to accept what they offer or consider what they do pay (if anything as there are bad apples out there) as payment in full.

What is happening is they are getting less than they consider a full payment... and aren't happy with it so they are sueing for it.

Remember this intermediary you are using (by your own choice) is not bound to the places you owe money to by any agreement they have made or are obligated to accept. Just because a third party is cashing a check... doesn't mean your debtors are accepting it. It's a far different thing then if they accepted and cashed a check themselves that YOU made out directly to them.

Because this hasn't been mentioned yet... was this Debt management Program agreed to by your creditors under some form of arbitration agreement with them collectively?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My creditor has asked for a judgment on a debt [ 5 Answers ]

I have advertised with them for years and long story short they never responded to me asking for an indepth accounting of my payments. They supplied a copy of my account history but it is inaccurate and I have proof . They have an attorney asking for a judgment today and I have court. My proof...

Can a Creditor Get a Judgment without Serving Me First in California [ 2 Answers ]

I have gotten a threatening letter from a creditor that looks like a law firm telling me they plan to sue me. The amount of debt is totally inflated. They are saying in this letter that they plan to attach themselves to my account etc. I am unemployed right now, still looking, have medical debts to...

If a creditor gets a judgment against you what does that do to me [ 2 Answers ]

If I can't pay a medical bill what can they do about it

Judgement filed after debt was paid [ 3 Answers ]

I had a small claims against me for $652.00. I paid the debt via cerified funds to the debtor five days before the court hearing. A judgement was still entered against me and is killing my credit score. Is the court or the debtor responsible to notify the credit bureaus? What can I do? I have...

Judgment by creditor [ 5 Answers ]

We have just sold our home. I have a judgment from Citibank (credit card), no lien on property, but title company has said this judgment must be cleared before we can close. Is this correct, even though it was not connected to our property?

View more questions Search