Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisamjf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 07:59 PM
    Vintage 1963 Bottle of Esportazione Red Tuscan Wine value question
    At an Estate Sale, I recently bought a Vintage 1963 Bottle of Esportazione Red Tuscan Wine, Produced and Bottled in Italy by NELLO GORI. It's never been opened, and is green glass shaped almost like a Jeanie Bottle, but with a curved handle. Any value to this? Thanks!
    setexenv Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Dec 28, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Most wine will not last 40 plus years. Even if it were a wine that might have some tasting value after 40 years, you would have to wonder if it's been stored properly for 47 years? Corks are typically replaced after 30 or 40 years on bottles that can age that long. Best bet is to open the wine and see if it smells like vinegar. If so, it has been oxidized due to the exposure of the wine to oxygen leaking by the cork or it may have been stored at too high of a temperature or it may just be past it's prime.
    setexenv Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Dec 28, 2010, 02:32 PM
    Or you could just leave it as is and use the bottle as a decoration/conversation piece for your kitchen or wet bar!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Bottle of wine [ 5 Answers ]

THE BOTTLE OF WINE For all of us who are married, were married, wish we were married, or wish we weren't married, this is something to smile about the next time you see a bottle of wine: Sally was driving home from one of her business trips in Northern Arizona when she saw an elderly Navajo...

Fish shaped bottle Orvieto Vintage 1966 Nello Gori Wine unopened. Worth anything? [ 3 Answers ]

Just purchased Fish shaped bottle of unopened Orvieto Vintage 1966 Nello Gori White wine for $3 at an estate sale? Anyone have any idea of the value?

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Red wine in bottle -- how long good? [ 12 Answers ]

How long can one store red wine in the bottle and Expect it to still be drinkable upon opening?

View more questions Search