Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Oct 3, 2010, 02:10 PM
    What do I do?
    I know its been a while since I've been on this site. I just started college, I am studying to become and LPN. Anyway I really need help. Here's what happened today my brothers came down to visit me and my parents. They live out with my cousin about 30mins away. Anyway my bros each have a dog and cat and my cousin who its his house also has a dog and cat. But when my brothers moved in my cousin's cat became scared of the two new dogs(my brothers dogs are not good with cats as they chase them), anyway my brothers told me that the cat is in very poor condition. They said he is getting very skinny and is staring to lose his hair and he is becoming lethargic. They said my cousin locks the cat in his room all day and sometimes forgets to feed him.

Even as I write this it breaks my heart. I myself own a dog and 2 cats and I can't stand when animals are being neglected. My brothers try to feed the cat but he is just so scared that he won't eat. They said he doesn't have much life left in him. I can't sit around and do nothing. I know that my cousin isn't trying to abuse the cat, or neglect it but he can't take care of himself let alone a cat. I asked my mom if we could take the cat in, but she says it will just fight with our cats. I think that although they might fight at first they will be all right after some getting to know each other. My cousin wouldn't give the cat away to just anyone. When I try to talk to my mom about it she won't listen to me. But how am I any better then my cousin if I just sit around do nothing? I mean what am I supposed to do when I know something that's going on is wrong. If this thing going on goes against everything I believe in? If every fiber in my body is yelling at me to do something about it, to go and get that cat? What do I do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 3, 2010, 02:13 PM

You have to take the cat rex's mom for sure. The other cats won't bother the sick cat I am quite sure. Sometimes animals sense the sick and know not to go near You have to try and get that cat back into good shape and living a proper life.

How is rex doing by the way ?

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search