Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcarter824 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 11:54 AM
    Water leaking from under wall when kitchen sink is running
    Water is leaking from under the dishwasher when sink water is running. I pulled out the dishwasher and there is no leak from there. I ran the water and watched the area as I ran the sink water. Water started coming from the floor under the wall bhind the dishwasher. What should I do next
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 3, 2010, 12:30 PM

Sounds like you have a leak in the kitchen sink drain pipe in the wall.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 3, 2010, 12:34 PM
    Posted right on top of you Harold
    If you have a older house with cast iron drainage and copper drain arms I can tell you exactly what happened because I had the same thing happen to me.
    The copper drain line inside the wall sprung a leak and now your sink's drain all over your floor.
    If you're handy this can be a job for the home owner. It will involve opening up the wall and replacing the old ate up copper with PVC. Are you up to that? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why isn't water running in my kitchen sink? [ 5 Answers ]

Water isn't coming out of the faucet, but it is coming out of the sprayer It is NOT the aerator.since I took that off and my pipes are not frozen.

Water leaking from behind kitchen wall sconces [ 11 Answers ]

Our house is 2 years old, in Fargo ND. 2 sconces in the kitchen, on the west exterior wall leaked water from behind the fixtures, running down the wall last week. It did not rain that day or the day before. The roof is a 6/12 pitch with 2'8" overhangs. Siding is LP lap siding. Walls are 2x6...

Kitchen sink smells when water is running [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen and bathroom sinks smell when I run water. After the water stops running I have no more smells. Someone told me that this could be caused by a clogged vent pipe. If I want to clear the vent pipe use a garden hose and flush the vent pipe out. Is this correct? Or will I introduce...

No running water in my kitchen sink ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I woke up this morning and noticed I have no running water, yet everywhere else in my house I have running water. The kitchen sink is the only place in my house that there is no hot or cold water coming out of my taps. Any advise??

Plumbing, water leaking from kitchen ceiling/wall [ 3 Answers ]

I have water coming down from kitchen ceiling (under bathroom) and the outside wall has a soaked through patch clearly visible at the bathroom floor level. The insurer's plumber says the job requires a 'dig out' - what does this mean? I understand I have a 'lead' pipe under the bathtub that may...

View more questions Search