Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 09:47 AM
    Hunter ceiling fan hums at medium and high speed
    Hunter 1912 mission ceiling fan 21978 hums at medium speed, and louder on high speed. No hum on low. It is a new, reconditioned from factory fan.
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Aug 11, 2013, 06:27 PM
    Hey how are you doing.

This from Ceiling Fans 'N more troubleshooting guide - why does my ceiling fan make a humming sound?

"In the case of noise complaints by fan owners, the vast majority encompass a humming noise when the fan motor is running. This is because all motors create vibration, and the humming sound you hear is that vibration being amplified by the fan housing..."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter Ceiling Fan:Power on High but it barely turns,oil OK,pull chain on high,HELP [ 2 Answers ]

Hunter Ceiling Fan: variable power switch on wall on High, pull chain on High but the fan barely turns. Oil OK. Have to give blades a push to get them to turn but once turning, they move at the slowest speed possible. Any ideas for what to do?

Changed ceiling fan switch - NOW - no medium speed - 1 fast and 2 slow speeds [ 2 Answers ]

Changed ceiling fan switch - NOW - no medium speed - 1 fast and 2 slow speeds /// Black wire L // grey wire #1 // brown wire #2 // purple wire #3 - what's up??

Can you hook up the high speed wire to the medium speed wire on blower fan [ 20 Answers ]

My blower fan has 4 wires but unit has 3 the high speed wire from blower has nowhere to go what do I do because we have very low air flow

Hunter ceiling fan works only on high [ 2 Answers ]

I have a hunter "original" ceiling fan-the heavy cast iron model-at high speed it runs but slowly at medium speed it barely turns and at low speed it won't turn at all even though motor is still running <Moved from Home Electronics> - KISS

Ceiling fan high speed [ 1 Answers ]

I reinstalled a ceiling fan from the basement. When it was down there all 3 speeds worked fine. Now that I've reinstalled it upstairs, it only runs on high speed. The are 4 wires from the fan, white black blue and green. Green is ground, blue is for the light, white neutral and black hot. 3...

View more questions Search