Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dad2dad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2010, 10:58 PM
    Abandonment
    My wife abandon the family for over a year, now she want to return to the family, can I refuse her entry to the rented house of which she is not on the lease. If I permit her to return for an agreed ed time frame can I force her out of the rented house if she refuse to leave.
    doejohn1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2010, 11:29 PM
    Depends on the coutry/county/city, but in New York after 30 days a tenant has full legal rights. I suggest you move on.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 3, 2010, 03:12 AM
    She has rights as your wife and also rights as mother to the children. You would have had to get a restraining order and/or a divorce, and filed for child support as well. Sorry. Work it out, unfair though it may be.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2010, 04:47 AM

During that time, did you go to court for a separation order? Did you file for divorce? Was there any contact? We really need more info to answer you.

My advice is that you you would be within your rights to refuse her moving into the marital home. However, if she goes to court over the issue you may lose.

If you haven't filed for divorce then you either need to or plan on reconciling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Georgia and I am raising my 2 sons there father hasn't seem them in 3 yrs how do I file abandonment charges he lives in Chicago

How do I get my ex for abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old son that his father doesn't really want to do with him. The only time he ever calls is to yell at me and try to make me drop the support order. He doesn't want anything to do with him and not to pay anything. Now his new wife and him call me and harass me about things and then...

Is this abandonment? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in 1996 and I haven't seen my wife right after that (1996 or 1997). So can I file for abandonment... because I can't find her... and if so HOW? Or should I just file for a no- fault? Please Help I'm ready to get this over with. Thanks.

Abandonment [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. I have a situation in which my step daughter's biological mother who's has not seen my step daughter or given any type of child support in over 10 years is now trying to say she wants to exercise her right to supervised visitation as specified in her divorce papers-10 years ago. We actually...

Abandonment.what can I do [ 3 Answers ]

I have a one year old daughter and her father has not been in her life since I kicked him out of my house after she was born because I was not going to support him. My dilemma is the lawyer I talked to said that they won't take his rights away and I am not sure why. I figure this is straight...

View more questions Search