Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjcrjc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2010, 05:04 PM
    Density of earth as function of radius from center
    If a core was made of the entire earth from one side to the other, and the density of the material measured, what type of function would it trace? Constant, linear, log?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2010, 11:12 PM

This is more of a factual question...

You should know for one that denser materials tend to sink in less dense materials.

As such, you'll understand that metals, being the densest materials will be found at the centre of the Earth.

Hm... now that you know this, can you give a guess of how the density will vary as radius increases?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Density Function [ 4 Answers ]

For a density function f(x) = 3 (x+4) / 14 for x=0 to x=1 Find P (2/5 < x < 2/3) Please walk me through this problem. Thanks

I don't know how to find the radius and center or graph the circle! [ 2 Answers ]

I am really bad at math and am taking it in summer school now. I need this take home test bad but I don't know how to do these 2 questions. Please help. 1. x^2+y^2-4x+4y-28=0 Graph the circle. 2. x^2+y^2+2x-8y-79=0 Find the radius and center of the circle. Can someone... ANYONE please...

How to calculate the center and radius of a circle [ 1 Answers ]

Given the equation of a circle (x+5)^2 + (y-3)^2 = 49 find the center and radius. How would I calculate this problem?

Center & Radius Circle [ 2 Answers ]

Fine the Center and Radius of the Circle given that it equation is x^2 + y^2 + 2x -6y - 6 = 0

Density, radius and g [ 9 Answers ]

The earth has density rho(p) and radius R. the gravitational field strength at the surface is g. what is the gfs at the surface of a planet of density 2p and radius 2R. A g B 2g C 4g D 16g what is the equation I would use to solve this

View more questions Search