Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shilohii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 03:31 PM
    Laundry Tub Venting
    I live in Wichita, KS, and have a basement with laundry room facilities in it. With that, venting is critical. The short part of my question is: I want to move my washer to the right about four to five feet, which means relocating the drain and venting pipes. One problem is that the pipes cross over one another, which causes them to stick out from the wall quite far (the pipes are exposed; not encased in a wall).

My question is: what sort of restrictions or concerns do I need to be aware of, as for vent pipe angles, lengths, and can I change things a little to make them work?

Also, there is a sump-pump well, which we have not had to use, but that is the one pipe/drain, which causes me some concern, as for how far out from the wall that it runs. :confused:

I await your response.

Randy Brown
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 30, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Why move the vent at all? Why not just arm out from the vent to the trap and standpipe. If the sump pump discharges on a slope that runs away from the house you should be OK. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laundry tub pump vent [ 4 Answers ]

I have a laundry tub installed in the basment. It drains to a sealed pump box. The pump inside discharges to the house drain above. The box is vented to the house drain also. About two feet upstream from where the discharge tees in. I suppose this has been working but the question is - is this a...

Laundry tub; washing machine sink [ 3 Answers ]

The sink in which the tubing from our washing machine is clogged. It has been for days. What can I use to unclog it. I've been unable to do any laundry, since the water continues to back up. I'd prefer to use something environmentally friendly, and something that will prevent the sink from...

Alternative to a Laundry Tub [ 9 Answers ]

I am looking for an alternative to discharging a front-loading washing machine into a laundry tub. I have access to a pipe that slopes down to the septic pipe exiting the basement. This pipe is 5ft from the bottom of the washer. The manufacturer told me that the pump in the washer would only...

Eliminating Laundry Tub In Basement ? [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved into a house with a 'finished' basement. The laundry room right now has a washer draining into one side of the double laundry tub sink by means of a hose. Sometimes the floor drain backs up or the sink drains slowly as the washer drains. I would ideally like to eliminate the...

Venting basement laundry [ 2 Answers ]

I'm moving my basement laundry, and the kitchen sink/dishwasher above (they share a drain line). I don't think the current setup is correct, and I would like to try to make it correct when I move the drain. Currently... My house was built in the 1920s. It has a single vent stack(?) that...

View more questions Search