Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcleyn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2010, 07:40 AM
    Decimal Places
    Hi there,

I have a form with a text book that is bound to a table. I would like to keep two decimal places when I enter a number inside the textbox. For example, $47.12
    I have set the properties for the table and the textbox to, format: currency and decimal places: 2.

However, when I enter a number into the textbox, it always rounds and gives me zeros, instead of the actual number. For instance, if I enter $47.12, it automatically swithches to $47.00

What seems to be the issue?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 1, 2010, 03:10 PM

I'll bet the datatype is set to Integer. Change the datatype in the table to Currency.
    mcleyn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I'll bet the datatype is set to Integer. Change the datatype in the table to Currency.
    Thank you very much. That was the exact problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SAS code to Format decimal places and julian date [ 2 Answers ]

I am working with a data set that I would like to link with another data set. However, I need to do two thing before linking the two data set together. One is that I have a variable claim that I need to format. The variable has values 250, 5525 etc and I need to place a period to make it 2.50,...

Calculating pi to n decimal places [ 5 Answers ]

Suppose your goal is to calculate (not look up) a value of pi that is accurate to n decimal places. Suppose n were 10. How would you do it?

Pi by recursive decimal places [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a way to calculate pi by using the current last decimal place to calculate the next decimal place. I already made a formula for pi that I posted on another board, but someone suggested I copy here. ---Begin quote--- This doesn't really fit anywhere so I'm just...

Decimal [ 24 Answers ]

I need help on my h.w it say write a decimal for fraction or mixed number questiom #1 3 - = what is the answer 10

View more questions Search