Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RichardBowler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2010, 06:41 AM
    Where can I get help downloading free software?
    I am trying to download OpenOffice and Scribus but keep finding I have to download something else along the way. Is there a simple guide out there which will take me through it step by step, avoiding the use of techie-speak?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 1, 2010, 07:24 AM

What are you being asked to download along with the application?

What site are you linking to to get the application?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Dec 26, 2010, 08:47 AM
    Open Office requires JRE (Java Runtime Environment)and except for Mac OSx this included in the installer I have only installed Scribus on Linux and I can not remember what if any dependencies were needed. What OS are you using?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 09:24 AM

Again I agree with the posters above me.

What site are using to install these and what else are you being asked to install?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 7, 2011, 06:07 AM
    A very nice and safe site is "FileHippo", it's almost entirely freeware and will list if its shareware in the description.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Apr 19, 2011, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    A very nice and safe site is "FileHippo", it's almost entirely freeware and will list if its shareware in the description.
    For lots of "Freeware" file sites like FileHippo or CNet are great. For Open Source projects like OpenOffice.org or Scribus it is best to use the download source maintained by the project. By the way please donate to these projects if you use the software, though some projects have commercial benefactors many do not so they need the money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which is the best free downloading site for free science book [ 2 Answers ]

Which is the best free downloading site for free science book

Will downloading apple software cause problems with any Microsoft software [ 1 Answers ]

Have downloaded Itunes software and was wondering if it would cause conflict with my other music and video files

Torrent downloading software? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone please tell me which software is best for downloading torrents and what is the best configuration for that software to get the maximum speed from a 300 kbps Internet connection.

I Need Better Music Downloading Software [ 3 Answers ]

There are a lot of music downloading softwares out there. I have had limewire, frostwire, imesh and lots more, and they all seem to go to on me. There will be viruses, I can't find songs, files will go missing. In your opinion, what would be the best music downloading thing I could get that has...

View more questions Search