Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Oct 1, 2010, 12:56 AM
    Gas Permeable Lenses
    Gas Permeable Lenses/Hard Contact Lenses, when will I finally get used to them:confused: I have keratoconus in both eyes and was prescribed these contacts, I wanted glasses and thought the Optometrists got it wrong but she tried every eye glass lens there was and I still could not see though them.

I just received my Gas Permeable Lenses today and went in for a fitting, it took me so long to put them in, I kept blinking but the ophthalmologist assistant was very patient with me. I honestly didn't think it would be that hard. I wish I could take home the numbing drops the doctor put in my eyes, those really helped because I could not feel the lens when he put them in the first time.

The lenses truly feel like glass and they are not comfortable in the least but haaaaa the world looks totally different, so sharp and crisp!! A little too crisp! It's like the world is in HD TV:D

The doctor took me to the window and said "look outside, look at the trees and grass". Wow! Everything just popped! I kept asking myself "is this what everything is suppose to look like?" I looked in the mirror and thought is that really me? LOL!! Just looking at the computer screen, the colors, the colors! Everything looks magnified, this is going to take a bit getting used to but I like it, I can see the words on the page of a book at arms length, before I could see nothing!

Oct 1, 2010, 02:41 PM
    So I'm watching TV and it's like I can see everyone's television makeup! Lol
    Nancy Grace looks so different to me now:p

I made breakfast, the texture of the scrabbled eggs really stood out, I put in some black pepper and it seems like I can see every grain of pepper all at once! I am so not used to seeing this crisp, it's so weird.

Took me 45 minutes to get the first lens in ugh!! :(
    I was so frustrated, took about 6 minutes to get the left lens in hopefully tomorrow it will be better, it's easier to get them out than in.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 9, 2010, 01:10 PM

You will get used to the lens. GP lenses ALWAYS take longer to get used to. And you cannot have those drops because they are addictive.

Oct 9, 2010, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    You will get used to the lens. GP lenses ALWAYS take longer to get used to. And you cannot have those drops because they are addictive.
    I wouldn't have used the numbing drops every day, I could stop anytime I want.
    I swear I would only use them when I'm in a hurry:D When I want to go someplace at a particular time I have to start trying to put in the lens an hour early! Geeze! I'm getting better, just have to keep my eyes wide open and not blink when the lens gets close to my eyeball, then I can get them in faster.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 11, 2010, 06:17 PM

Yeah, it just takes getting used to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contact lenses [ 10 Answers ]

I went to the ophthalmologist and had a thorough eye exam - I have worn contacts for ages, went to the optician with the prescription from the ophthalmologist, he fitted me for contacts and recommended Day & Night (or the other way around) and for whatever reason I said, sure, I'll take them. ...

Lenses and cameras [ 1 Answers ]

How do you know if the lenses you have will fit a camera you want to buy. I have a 35mm Canon Rebel Ti and lenses 35-80mm and a 80-200mm I am interested in investing in a Canon Rebel XTi digital camera, but want to keep my lenses... how can you tell if the lenses I have will fit the Rebel...

View more questions Search