Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

Sep 30, 2010, 09:03 PM
    Is this a sinus issue or an ear issue?
    Ok I get an earache almost every single time I catch a bug, so this doesn't really worry me, but it's getting quite irritating and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what exactly is going on:

I have been kind of sneezy, but not sick. Figured it was allergies?

First, my inner ear (left side) started having sharp twinges of pain that were really quite painful. The pain was deep inside and also it hurt around the sides of the ear canal if I put my finger in there.

Soon thereafter (I mean, within hours), my scalp on that side of my head became super tender and sore to the touch.

Later on that day, my left cheek felt a bit tender as well.

This was 2 days ago. Now my inner ear doesn't hurt hardly at all, but my scalp still hurts. When I lay my head down, when it touches the pillow, it not only hurts my scalp, but causes ear pain. If I just touch my hair it hurts, and just on that side of my head. If I look up toward the ceiling and feel that wrinkle on the back of my head, that hurts my whole scalp/ear. And now when I swallow it hurts in my ear/head.

I tried to clean out that ear today in case that was a problem, and did retrieve some very dark brown ear wax. Ew. But the pain is still the same.

What the heck is going on? :P
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2010, 07:06 AM

Could very well be sinus and/or allergy related, but you really need to see a doctor to find out for sure.
    MIZZ.CASTANEDA Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Oct 5, 2010, 07:35 PM
    Well mybe you got an infection n your ear and if you don't get it checked it might start bleading after a while... so just go to the hospital and get it check...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sinus/ear infection or is it from something going wrong when I had a filling replaced [ 7 Answers ]

I have allergy problems and take allegra d daily and use nasonex nose spray. About a month ago I had two fillings replaced. They were the old silver filling and my dentist replaced them with white fillings. Soon after that I started having pains in my ear and my teeth started aching. Typical...

Issue with a possible sinus infection [ 5 Answers ]

I MIGHT have a sinus infection. It may just be a head cold. But it feels like a sinus infection to me. I have been completely plugged up all night last night and all day today with yellow mucus. Not fun. However I have had a sinus infection before. So I can deal with it. My issue is, it seems...

Stuburn sinus/ear infection & other issues at hand? [ 2 Answers ]

I have allergy problems and take allegra d daily and use nasonex nose spray. About a month ago I had two fillings replaced. They were the old silver filling and my dentist replaced them with white fillings. Soon after that I started having pains in my ear and my teeth started aching. Typical...

I have a shower issue and venting issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot...

View more questions Search