Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    block1028 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 11:43 AM
    Can I cancel my direct buy membership after the 3 day recission period
    I joined Direct Buy of northern Illinois in June of this year, my wife and I felt pressured & signed the contract. It is now been a couple of months & we want to cancel our membership but have been told that since the 3 day recission period we cant.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 12:30 PM

Hi block, if you check to the right of your post you will find other questions about the same thing. Some of them may help you, one includes telephone numbers. As I understood from reading them, you can cancel and get you refund but some stipulation depend on state rules. Please click and read to the right.

Tick
    DirectBuySUCKS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 12:59 AM
    I just saw a commercial for a DirectBuy $50,000 home makeover contest. Just so you know, the winner of the contest is getting a home makeover paid for with $5,000 of my family's hard earned money. I hope you enjoy your home make over while my family goes hungry because DirectBuy ripped me off!!

DO *NOT* JOIN DIRECTBUY IN COLUMBUS, OR ANYWHERE!! This place is such a total scam!

We went to their location in Worthington and didn't join because of their HIGH PRESSURE TACTICS!! They said we could only join then or NEVER. We didn't join and decided to test their "one time only" tactics and went to their other location in Hilliard and joined a year later only to have them shut down without any notice in 2009 and run off with our $5,000 membership! We then shopped at their other location by the airport only to have it shut down in 2010 without any notice. This place is just ripping you off your $5,000 membership. It's a pyramid scheme at its finest!! They lied about the join "now or never policy" and then they ran off with my money. RUN!! DO NOT JOIN DIRECT BUY IN COLUMBUS!!

I have no doubt they will try to open again in Columbus sometime soon. It's all about the greed of getting other people to join and then running off with their money. I did some research. Just Google what happened to DirectBuy in California to see that what I'm saying is true. They don't do what they promise and if you become a member then you are throwing your money away!
    Ake over while my family goes hungry because DirectBuy ripped me off!!

DO *NOT* JOIN DIRECTBUY IN COLUMBUS, OR ANYWHERE!! This place is such a total scam!

We went to their location in Worthington and didn't join because of their HIGH PRESSURE TACTICS!! They said we could only join then or NEVER. We didn't join and decided to test their "one time only" tactics and went to their other location in Hilliard and joined a year later only to have them shut down without any notice in 2009 and run off with our $5,000 membership! We then shopped at their other location by the airport only to have it shut down in 2010 without any notice. This place is just ripping you off your $5,000 membership. It's a pyramid scheme at its finest!! They lied about the join "now or never policy" and then they ran off with my money. RUN!! DO NOT JOIN DIRECT BUY IN COLUMBUS!!

I have no doubt they will try to open again in Columbus sometime soon. It's all about the greed of getting other people to join and then running off with their money. I did some research. Just Google what happened to DirectBuy in California to see that what I'm saying is true. They don't do what they promise and if you become a member then you are throwing your money away!
    LadyBug71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 11:08 PM
    To reply to the above person's answer...
    It is not a scam. It is the manufacturers who have such a high confidentiality on their prices and ask that the people who are shown these prices are not given many chances to price shop. If they are allowed to keep coming back, there is nothing to stop them from going to the department store, furniture store, etc. and saying "hey I saw this at direct buy for x amount of dollars". The manufacturer would lose a lot of business from retail shops and would stop offering these items to direct buy at cost price. Think about it, if direct buy allowed people to come back after a little while of considering the membership, then they would have a lot more members! That is how directbuy makes its money, through memberships. There is no mark up. It's aweful to see so many bad reviews from people who aren't speaking the truth.
    =happy direct buy member

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to cancel direct buy membership [ 4 Answers ]

I signed up for directbuy July 01 20010 and I will really like to cancel right away.I have discovered a lot of inconsistencies and prices out there from retail stores that are cheaper or even just about the same.To be specific,I tried to purchase a camera on the website of a particular retail store...

How do I cancel DirectBuy membership [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any way to get our from under the Direct Buy contract?

Direct buy membership cancellation [ 3 Answers ]

A 74 year old couple joined directbuy in columbus which was within 3 miles of their home. A month later without warning the facility closed with no notice other than a sign on the door. The nearest facility is now some 69 miles away. Health issues limit their driving to around town. The priority...

15 day recission on condo doc reissue [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I bought a pre construction condo as an assignee. The developer had to reissue documents after passing the 24 month deadline, and making substantive changes to the documents. When I received the reissued documents, accompanied by a new contract, I opted to exercise my 15 day right of...

Cancel Lifequest Fitness Club Membership [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my local gym, Lifequest Fitness Club, began going through some financial difficulties which ended up manifesting themselves to the members through: 1) lack of towels, 2) broken sauna and equipment, 3) lack of instructors because they were not being paid therefore no classes, 4)...

View more questions Search