Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgieg13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 12:13 PM
    Shower Doors
    I am removing my sliding shower doors. However, I need to know how to remove the frame from the bath tub?

Jen
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Dec 31, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Are you talking about the bottom track on the tub? This should only be silconed to the tub and not fastened. Try using a putty knife and see if it loosens up.
    myoldhouse Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 09:11 PM
    I agree with Ski, but I also had some sort of spongelike gasket under mine when I removed it. The track lifted right off after I cut the silicone bead with a scraper (carefully). Good luck//Dave

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doors [ 2 Answers ]

What is the opening size I need to cut when installing a prehung door on a wall?

Painting doors and shutters [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. My HOA has asked me to paint, or replace my front door. There's really nothing wrong with the door, or jambs, so I'm not interested in buying a new one. The door is steel, with a faux woodgrain finish (no... it wasn't my choice - probably one of the "HOA approved" doors when the house...

New front doors [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to replace the front doors and hinges without replacing the entire door casing? We are interested in replacing the front doors and are looking for an inexpensive way of doing it. :confused:

Prehung Doors [ 2 Answers ]

I have several doors areas framed out in my basement with the ceiling being low because of vents. In several of these areas doors will be installed. I am looking to install split jamb prehung interior doors but there is approximately only 1 to 1 1/2 inch of header to the ceiling. In other words the...

Shower doors & deco tile [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I'm installing a bypass (2 sliding doors) bath and shower door on a 5ft tub. Problem is that I have decorative tile molding wrapping the entire bathroom including the bath tub enclosure, and the deco molding sticks out (not flush with wall tile) about 1/4 inch so the side rails (wall...

View more questions Search