Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canyonstorm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 06:40 AM
    Can we turn a child away from a youth sport if they participate in school sport
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2010, 07:43 AM

Hello c:

If YOU are the supervisor of the youth sport, I wouldn't be doing ANY discrimination at all. What do YOU care that your participants play other sports??

But, let's say you DO care. Some parents may take exception to it and sue you. If you run a PRIVATE sport, as opposed to one sponsored by the city, you MAY have the legal right to do it... But, even if you do, some parents might sue you, and then you'll have to hire an attorney to defend you, and THAT'S going to be expensive...

excon
    canyonstorm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 01:52 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    This is exactly what our organization thought. We are a 501c youth program, we recently joined a confrence of game play with two other counties in which they are stating we can not allow our players to participate in school play as well as youth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my sport tranny light blink on my 2.2 Honda Accord EX Sport [ 1 Answers ]

The light on my dash has short blinks

Sport of boxing [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a rule in the sport of boxing that I can't box with a lazy eye' my right eye is great' I want to box ' but I need 2 know if there is a rule ! If u can help me' thanks

Is this a sport or entertainment? [ 3 Answers ]

Aren't fantasy leagues a game of strategy using sports and sporting events as a sort of dice roll or spin of the needle? This is like calling Monopoly a sport. I suppose if you define sports as anything that entails competition, we could include poker, chess, canasta, and the like. What is...

Sport for me? [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what sport to do! I have always been quite athletic and am pretty good at all sports, especially flag football and basketball, which I both love. This is what makes it so hard for me to find a sport I can commit to. However, I am definitely not too good at volleyball or tennis. I...

View more questions Search