Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tazyi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 03:32 AM
    I am a mehdavi muslim girl, can I marry a sunni muslim man?
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Sep 30, 2010, 03:38 AM

I don't see why not. If you live America you marry who you choose. If this person is honest, caring and has good moral character why are you concern.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 30, 2010, 03:43 AM
    I am American raised Protestant and believe, as many around the world do, that you can marry anyone you want.
    You are the only one who can find out what your family, his family, community, and muslim leaders, both mehdavi and sunni, will say, and how much you want to endure if they are against it. It might be difficult to even ask, I know. Hopefully you will get some replies here from Muslims.
    It would be nice if it didn't matter, wouldn't it?
    pipstik Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 04:30 AM

I think you are asking this question from a religious point of you. I think you should ask some Alim for a precise answer.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 07:12 PM

What do your parents say? What do his parents say?
    wajidkhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 26, 2010, 05:40 AM
    U can't marry with a sunni muslim because he don't hve imaan lyk us...
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Apr 1, 2011, 10:57 PM
    I think you have to ask yourself what is your position in front of Allaah -ta`aalaa. Do you want to meet Him upon the Sunnah of His beloved Nabii -sAaws- or upon innovations that someone has invented to distort and change the pure Religion of Islam? Surely that is more important than marriage.
    If, (and when, I hope) you do decide to follow seraat al-mustaqiim of Rasuulullaah -sAaws- then you can come back to the question of is he a real follower of Nabii -sAaws- or is he just saying `sunni` by name. And ask Allaah for guiding you and him both to know the Haqq and follow it, and to realize the baatil and to leave it, and ask Him for His guidance about the marriage secondly. He knows everything. He has the power over everything. He answers every prayer as long as you don`t call upon anyone or anything besides Him, and He is the best of everything. Make Allaah number One in your life, and He will give you everything best for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a sunni muslim girl marry a mehdavi muslim [ 14 Answers ]

I am a sunni muslim and deeply in love with a mehdavi muslim but he is not sure weather his community will allow him to marry a sunni

Can a black non-muslim man marry a muslim woman? [ 18 Answers ]

For the past few months I've been dating a muslim girl. I think I'm starting to fall in love with her and would love nothing more than to marry this girl. However, I am African American and she is from Jordan. She has told me that her family would most likely not approve, as they want her to...

View more questions Search