Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandee_o Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 04:15 PM
    How do I search history on a house
    How or where can I find history on a house? Without having to pay to find it! Like on the internet sites make u...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2010, 04:20 PM

Make you what?

What are you trying to find and where are you? Your local library will have newspapers on microfilm if you want a crime history or something similar.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 04:22 PM

What type of history, if you want to know who has owned it, you go to the recorder of deeds and do a deed search of all past owners.

If you are looking for history of events, like deaths, or robberies, there really is no record, you may check at the local police department to see what is there.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 04:25 PM

If there's a village or county museum, it might have records on homes in the town or county, especially if something unusual or major happened at that house. Like Judy said, often the village public library will have files on homes too, or it might be able to put you in touch with the local historian. Usually every town has at least one person who knows the town's history and may even have written newspaper articles or a book.

Sep 29, 2010, 04:37 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    I want to find the history on my grandparents house... I know her parents owned it be for her but I want to know if there were any other owners and if anything happened there in the past that would make me have a dream over an over when I was little

Sep 29, 2010, 04:39 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    I'm in Ohio... I just want to find out the history of pass owners... other then my grandparents and her parents it was my granmothers child hood home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

House history [ 4 Answers ]

o.k I'm trying to find out about 11 aunt park lane in newtown ct, it's a home/ranch and I was wondering if anyone has ever passed there and how old is this home

History of house [ 1 Answers ]

Were can I find the history of my house onine, for free, no downlaoads and accurate. I'm not that lucky the closest library to me is the next 20 miles I live way out there and I need to know. I'm desperate!

Song search: dance, old house [ 4 Answers ]

On MTV 'THE BOX' around lates 1990's a kind of techno break beat dance track/video was featured. It has chase scenes in it on a council estate and a girl singing with a computer generated face. It was called 'The Chase' by Transatlantic Ocean Waves' but I can't find the track anywhere. ...

My House history [ 1 Answers ]

I didn't know what to search under so I just tried this, I'm really intressted in finding out who used to live in my house And maybe what my house was used for and when it was built etc Can you help me find a website that I can find some kind of sensus or something Thanks Xxx

View more questions Search