Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oithrp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 12:01 PM
    Grades have been falling
    I'm a student in an IIT.My grades have been falling in recent times-I'm trying my best,putting in 20 hour days,reading every thing I can-But it's just not enough.My profs are looking down upon me,I cannot tell my parents-They'll be worried,I feel like giving up on everything.Can anyone please help me?What should I do?I'm going crazy here.
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Sep 29, 2010, 12:04 PM
    I had similar trouble whilst attending university several years back. Sounds as though your trying to put too much effort, it can easily affect your work if your tired and stressed out. You need to find some way of outputting your stress, like taking up a sport or general pastime. In my case I took up jogging and it helped a lot.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 29, 2010, 01:47 PM
    Too many hours, not enough sleep, not enough other activity.
    Your parents are there to care and help, so don't wait to tell them another minute. If they get overly anxious, back away. You tried.
    Any professor who looks down on a student who is trying shouldn't be teaching. One might, but all of them? Are you sure you aren't looking down on yourself instead? How have you approached talking with them?
    What if this type of training/learning isn't for you? What if you are an artist or musician or dancer, or mechanic or animal trainer or bookkeeper?
    I had a full scholarship to one of the best schools in the world and dropped out before I flunked out.
    Take some time to examine what it is you really want to be doing at this time in your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maths grades [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I received a b,b,a- overall for the semester do you think that would be a b or b+ overall?

I need Hints on Getting good Grades [ 1 Answers ]

I need a hint on how should I get a good grades and I have tried everything I am sure:confused::confused::confused::(:(:(

Grades to get into University? [ 6 Answers ]

I heard that universities only accept people with excellent A levels, etc. (eg- straight A pupils) I am in my final year for GCSE's and I am worried about whether I will be able to go on to do further education in uni/college. I have like 1 or 2 A grades but the rest are B's and C's.

Bad grades [ 10 Answers ]

I am a sophomore I use to get reall bad grades in 8-9 my grades were great not in 10th grade my grades kind of sux like its all easy I just don't want to do the work anymore that and I don't take notes because its so easy ayn reason why grades slippin?

View more questions Search