Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 10:08 AM
    Tortilla Flat
    Was pretty sure this scene was from Tortilla Flat: (a man talking to a little hispanic boy)"and what did you have for breakfast?" (the boy) "frijoles and tortillas" (the man) "what did you have for lunch?" (the boy) " frijoles and tortillas" (the man) " what did you have for dinner?" (the boy) "frijoles and tortillas".
    The man seemed confused and surprised by the happy responses given to him by the boy -I looked up Tortilla Flat, and am not so sure I have the right movie - does anyone have any suggestions? (the movie was in b&w)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Possibly Nacho Libre (2006) ?
    Movie Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 12:00 PM

Love Nacho Libre - all he wants is to have fresh ingredients for the orphans! Ha! - no, the movie I'm looking for I saw forever ago - maybe like 10+ years, it was in black and white, and the impression I remember from the scene I described was that the adult (a white man I believe) was amazed that the little boy could be so happy when he had so very, very little - maybe it was like a turning point in the movie for the adult? Don't really remember.. thanks for your help anyway- you reminded me of one my favorites - Nacho Libre -'Nachoooo' :)
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 05:38 PM

I haven't seen the movie, but I found this:

"Nutritionists in John Steinbeck's Tortilla Flat, written in 1935, wondered how a local Mexican boy flourished on an apparently exclusive diet of tortillas and frijoles"
    New Statesman - The New Statesman Essay - Should the world renounce meat?

Looks like you've got the right movie.
    Movie Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 08:33 AM

Thanks Quinn - I guess I'll have to try to find a copy of the movie and watch it myself - from what you found it sounds like Tortilla Flat is most likely the movie I'm looking for. - Thanks again.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Oct 1, 2010, 06:13 PM

You're welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flat Rate [ 8 Answers ]

Hoe many hours does a flat rate manual give to change a front wheel bearing on a 2004 Buick Lesabre

Flat hair - great, then flat again. What can I do? [ 4 Answers ]

If anyone can offer me any suggestions I would be SO grateful! I am at the end of my rope and nearly broke down this morning in frustration! I have straight hair that is fine and basically no body at all. I used to have long hair and just got it just short (above my shoulder) with layers. I've...

Chicken tortilla soup? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for a tortilla soup recipe. There's a local restaurant here that makes some really good stuff but I'm searching for recipes online and I don't seem to find one that looks like it. It's got more of milky cheese base. The pictures that I find online seem to be more like broth. Thanks...

Flat TV [ 1 Answers ]

My neighbor purchased a flat TV. She has no cable nor satellite. I guess she gets local channels?? I don't know it it's a plasma or LCD she just watches local channels. I have a digital TV. So is the flat TV digital, and maybe she has the capacity to accept HD if she was hook up to...

My flat chest [ 5 Answers ]

I do have flat chested. I'm too willing to try any exercise that would help me gain even more to get my breast look nice. Please advice me what are the best exercises suitable to enhance breast.thanks

View more questions Search