Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jose1503 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 07:57 PM
    I installed a new condenser fan motor and it worked fine for an hour then shut off
    I installed a new condenser fan motor and capacitor but after an hour of working the fan tuned off,checked the voltage, and amps to motor everything read fine.compressor kept on running so I shut off.I don't know what else to look for this is the first time iv'e seen this problem happen. I installed a 1/4 hp 208-230v motor.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 06:37 AM

It is possible that you connected the wires wrong. Did the capacitor you replaced work only for the fan motor or was it a dual capacitor for the fan and the compressor?

Oct 1, 2010, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu View Post
    It is possible that you connected the wires wrong. Did the capacitor you replaced work only for the fan motor or was it a dual capacitor for the fan and the compressor?
    The capacitor that I replaced was only for fan motor. I'm sure its wired correctly there was only four wires frm motor, blk and what wich I connected to contactor,brwn and brwn with what line connected to capacitor.

Oct 9, 2010, 07:52 PM
    Comment on letmetellu's post
    I rinally figured it out. I called the manufacture and they told me that even though the unit said it needed a 1/4 hp fan motor I needed to replace it with a 1/3 hp.So I did and it worked fine . Who would have known.Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane condenser fan motor to A.O.Smith condenser fan motor [ 2 Answers ]

The Condenser fan motor I removed from a Trane unit had four wires 1 black, 1red, 1brown and . The black wire went directly to #3 on the relay, the red wire went to the capacitor with black wire from #6 on the relay the brown wire went alone to the other side of the capacitor. I purchased...

Two of four lights work on the hampton fan I installed. Fan works fine. [ 2 Answers ]

Hampton Bay Carriage House fan problem

I think I need a new Condenser fan motor. [ 26 Answers ]

Last Thursday I came home to a loud high pitch sound coming from my outside condenser unit. The fan was not turning either. I immediately turned off the unit and the whole thing was pretty hot understandably. Once things cooled off several hours later, I turned the unit on and heard the humming of...

Condenser Fan stops after an hour [ 1 Answers ]

To get the condenser fan working I have to use a stick something to get it started each time I turn the air on. Once started it will run for about an hour or so. What do you think the problem might be?

Condenser fan shut off trips breaker [ 3 Answers ]

Central air condensing unit blower needs a push to get it started. After the push start it runs for a short duration maybe an hour or so and then it stops. The circuit breaker trips. We had serviceman repace the capacitor with a new 5 ufad cap. The problem persists. Last summer we replaced the...

View more questions Search