Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:13 AM
    That's what I am thinking. I have been running my heat here at night for about a month now. Soon, I am guessing a few more weeks and we will need it on all day.

How are you? Still working? Is that a forever job or just an intern type thing?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:19 AM

Yeah I've had to put my heating on a couple of times, but to be honest its not that bad here

It's a placement which means I'm working for a year as part of my course then next year its back to Uni :)

How are you, the building is complete I take it, just the insides (heat and electrical things to do) or is there more?
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Do you actually get paid though? Might be a silly question. k

Well its all done. Heat, power and everything is done. There are a few minor things like some small cracks we noticed in the sheetrock I want to have fixed. But now we need to get some proper steps put in because the town code enforcer won't give us a certificate of occupancy until he sees steps at every door. Which is annoying. He is being kind of a jerk about it. One of them is a set of sliding glass doors. Our plans are for a big deck off that. But he wants it now. Well whatever. I am throwing up some set of crap steps so he sees something and is happy.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:31 AM

Yea I do get paid, which is a plus :)

No it wasn't a silly question as some placements are unpaid (not mine though :D)

Yeah you either get a decent building expector or an arsehole one who picks at everything, that said id rather have the one that does his/her job rather than the one that says 'it'l do' :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:37 AM
    I agree with the building inspector idea but this one is going over the top. He needs to realize right now one set of steps we are using at our old place. It's a small deck and its newer so we are keeping it and placing it off one of the doors. How can we put it at the new place if we are using it? Well at least the house is done and if he is my only problem I can deal with him. I have been known to deal with people and get results. I call it being a bee-yotch.

bee-yotch=results
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:41 AM

I can't see a flaw in your eqation sunny

And if it works for you who am I to say otherwise :D

So how are you anyway, doing good I hope :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:44 AM
    I am well. Bumming over a job I wasn't offered. But life goes on. I was sure I was going to get it. Funny the interviewer was good friends with one of my good friends. Odd we hadn't met. Well she called her and did a reference check on me. I guess I was way to quiet in the interview and didn't talk about myself much. Go figure. Any one who knows me will tell you I don't shut up. Hey its her loss.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    I am well. Bumming over a job I wasnt offered. But life goes on. I was sure I was going to get it. Funny the interviewer was good friends with one of my good friends. Odd we hadnt met. Well she called her and did a reference check on me. I guess I was way to quiet in the interview and didnt talk about myself much. Go figure. Any one who knows me will tell you I dont shut up. Hey its her loss.
    Sorry to hear that :(

But your right, life goes on and you've got more experience under your belt that you can bring to the next interview :)

Chin up sunny, you'll get one :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:53 AM

I suppose these days I am lucky to have one. This place isn't doing so well. The boss had a mental breakdown last week. He doesn't know how to dig himself out of the hole he is in. Oh well. What can I do. I show up and do my job. My chin is up. Really it is.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:58 AM

Yeah that doesn't sound good :(

Hope you find one soon, and that its one you will enjoy :)

Haven't seen you in ages though, been busy with the house and job stuff I take it

Either way its good to see you again :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 08:03 AM
    I have been here. Just not chatting much. Mostly poking around the relationship threads. But Facebook sucks me in sometimes. That farming gets me sometimes. But I am free free free today!

Oh and I was out of work the hubby had an operation so that took up some time.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 08:08 AM

Hey Sunny and Bear. How are you doing?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    But now we need to get some proper steps put in because the town code enforcer wont give us a certificate of occupancy until he sees steps at every door. Which is annoying.
    My FIL was a codes inspector before he retired. It might be annoying, but there are very legitimate reasons for EVERYTHING they do.

Juss sayin';)
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 08:12 AM

Ahh same as me then still here just pottering about in the background

Hope hubby's op went well and he's doing good now

Hey adam long time no see, I'm OK thanks, how you been?
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 08:17 AM
    Hey adam.

J9 I know what your saying and I understand it. He just doesn't want to reason over some things. Sadly I think after us he may lose his little position. He isn't well liked around town and getting him to show up is like pulling teeth. I was told he used to be the electrical inspector but was fired for taking bribes. Cash does talk I guess. So sad.

His op went fine. Shoulder surgery. Last Tuesday. Now the (insert name calling) is moving things around and carrying couches and ggrr... with his arm in a sling. Really? Does that make sense? Men!
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 08:20 AM

A poorly arm is nothing, tis but a scratch :D
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    a poorly arm is nothing, tis but a scratch :D
    Gah, again men!
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 08:29 AM

Not to bad Bear, Wishing the day would move a little faster.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 08:33 AM

Same here adam.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 08:39 AM

Anyone seen any good movies lately?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alty's chit chat thread part 3 [ 1506 Answers ]

Alty wasn't here to continue it so here it is. Continue your chit chat you chit chatters...

Alty's chit chat thread part 2 [ 1500 Answers ]

Well the last one didn't last long. We really are a chatty bunch. Here's another 1500 posts to fill up. :)

Alty's chit chat thread. [ 1500 Answers ]

You all know that I'm notorious for hijacking threads. I go off on a tangent, drag people with me, and before you know it we're entirely off topic.:o Really, I don't mean to do it, it's just something I do, can't seem to control it. I really am a bad girl, I have to go to KP's room. ;) ...

View more questions Search