Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugatuss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 11:56 PM
    Headaches or something else
    My friend has always suffered with headaches even during his childhood. I've talked to him about it and he won't give me any lead as to what is causing them. I don't know much about the headaches, but I do know that he used to have clinic visits for them and he was taking some kind of medicine. And the headaches are coming back during his early adulthood. So my question is this:

1. What could be wrong with him?
    2. Are these headaches possible chronic migraines?
    3. Will it effect his mental state?
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Dec 30, 2006, 02:02 PM
    It is possible he is having migraine headaches. Migraine headaches do not always have other symptoms such as tingling in the limb before the headache appears, depression, noises in the ear, scintillating lights before the eyes.

Throbbing pain most often in the same location, frequsntly radiating to or from an eye, nausea, vomiting, intolerance for light or sound. Migraine is one of the major headaches, in the same seriousness category as cluster headache, high blood pressure, Encephalitis, uremia, whiplask, and Pheochromocytoma.

Yes, headache is the most common symptoms to man. Almost anydisorder can initiate an attack.

To list the many types, causes, symptoms of headaches that may help you identify the nature of headaches your friend may be having difficult with would take days. So the best way to prevent "blindly" guessing, the right choice to do is not worry about it if he is not going to tell you.

Hope this answers your question!

REFERENCE(S)

1. National headache Foundation, 2006. National Headache Foundation: Select

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headaches? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having painful headaches that start at the back of my head and go all the way to my temple for the past two weeks. I wake up with them I am tired all the time and now the headaches are getting worse. They seem to last for hours and go away for a couple of minutes but come back...

Chronic Headaches [ 1 Answers ]

What do you suggest to help a teenager who has a headache all the time, she is 17 now and has had headaches since puberty. Some times they are severe and other days milder but they are ALWAYS there.

Headaches [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am prone to headaches, usually around my period. I am a 23 year old female and have had a headache for two weeks straight(its not around my period) and was wondering if its normal to have a headache this long. I have taken over the counter prescription, nothing, called my doctor but because...

Headaches [ 5 Answers ]

I get headaches often (occationally migranes) but for the last two days I have had one quite different. Whenever I get up (from sitting, standing etc) it starts to hurt. In the beginning it was a little left of the top of my head and was VERY painful. It continued to bother me whenever I got up....

Headaches ! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My Glasses Got Broke And I Am Havig A Bad Time Getting Help .I Have No Income The Medical Assintance Office Is Giving Me A Run Around . I Keep Filling Out The Same Paper Work And When I Asked My Case Worker Why She Said This Is Normal . And When I Talked To Other People Who Are On Assintance...

View more questions Search