Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fossils55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 11:33 PM
    Digital camera picture sizes
    Hi All

I am having problems with the size of my pics when I email them to others, the pics sent come out so large that you have to move around the screen to view them. Do I have to change the size on my camera or the comp, if so how do I do this.
    I have a Panasonic DMC FZ7, I have tried to find info in the camera manual but to no avail.

Many Thanks
    Fossils55
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Dec 30, 2006, 12:17 AM
    You are probably using a highest resolution. You can solve this in two way. Reduce the resolution and send them OR let the receiver view it in a screen window. There are ways one can display the high resolution pictures in smaller screen sizes.

Save the picture in "My Pictures" directory if you are using Windows. Double click on a picture and it should display in a screen. If the picture is too large, you can shrink it to fit.
    jahnplay Posts: 83, Reputation: -1

Dec 30, 2006, 03:57 AM
    If the pic is large on your PC and others PC then you got to change the pic size in your settings on your camera

If the pic is only big on your PC then you got a small sized resolution of display to change it go desktop rightclick>properties>settings>screen resolution drag it to a size that makes your screen bigger so the pic would be small on the monitor
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2006, 04:07 AM
    It has to do with resolution and DPI (dots per inch). Here is a link with a great explanation, scroll down the page to the section titled "Display, Printing, DPI and PPI"

Digital Cameras - A Basic Beginner's Guide to Digital Camera Technology
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Dec 30, 2006, 05:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    It has to do with resolution and DPI (dots per inch). Here is a link with a great explanation, scroll down the page to the section titled "Display, Printing, DPI and PPI"

Digital Cameras - A Basic Beginner's Guide to Digital Camera Technology
    Very good link. (gotta spread some mojo around before I can rate this)
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Dec 30, 2006, 05:37 AM
    The link NeedKarma sent you is a great guide and will help you understand what you need to do. The gist of the answer really is to "resize" your photos before you send them via email. The article didn't exactly tell you how to do that but it hinted that you can do it with any number of programs.

A great free tool to use to manage pictures (and resize them) is Picasa which is offered for free from Google (Picasa) I have used it and I found that it was a very nice tool especially for a beginner.

Casey
    cdnphotog Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2007, 10:43 PM
    The rule of thumb I follow is to always leave the camera at the highest resolution and "res" down the image in one of the aforementioned programs to email. You can never make an image have more information/detail after its been shot - For example if you shoot it with only enough info for a 5x7 you can never use it to make a quality 8x10!

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital camera problem [ 4 Answers ]

The one I got for Christmas is acting up. I was testing it out just now taking photos in my room and when I pressed the zoom in button it started making a few quiet beeping noises and the lens that zooms out is stuck in its position. Whenever I try and press the power button it does the same...

Digital Camera Not Seen [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me why one computer has no problems downloading pics from a Kodak Digital EasyShare CX6330 camera, but another one will not see the camera. Adobe PhotoShop Album Starter Edition 3.0, and Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard, they both tell me that there is no camera, Roxio Capture...

Digital camera printing question [ 3 Answers ]

Which slot on the HP photosmart 3210 printer do I insert the memory card (or whatever it's called) from my Olympus digital camera? I've tried the upper & lower smaller ones on the right-side edge, but the little this won't go in. This is the first time I've used this question site, the first time...

Best Digital Camera for less than $500 [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking to purchase the best digital camera I can for less than $500. While I am especially taken by the features offered by the SONY MVC CD-350 (disc type) the sales people I have talked to seem to prefer the Fuji FinePix 55000 or the FinePix A310 which are both "stick type"?? Thanks. Ponton

Digital camera [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a goodmans g-shot 3003cc for xmas Have installed the drivers cd, there's a bit on iy which I ticked says "decode all supported fourccs(divx,dx50,mp4v) Have ticked this, when I plug the camera in , instructions say to open folder to veiw files using windows explorer , but this cannot...

View more questions Search