Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chandra_A Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 06:11 AM
    Where can I find fiancial aid to help w/ expenses if attend classes under pell grant?
    I just lost my husband of 15+ years.
    He passed just after 3am this morning...

I lost my job because I was taking so much time off work to be w/ him at the hospital (was at hospital every day - from early morning till staff kicked me out at night). I hold no malice against the company. I understand they have a business to run, and since I could not tell them WHEN I would be returning (had been a month and half I have taken) they needed to hire another person to perform required duties.

I plan on applying for grants to return to school, as I now need to make more than my previous job paid. My question is are there grants, or other sources of aid to cover or assist with living expenses while attending school or retraining?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2010, 07:18 AM

What State?

I was also widowed - I am so sorry for your loss.

He passed away earlier today?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Sep 28, 2010, 12:42 PM

I am so so sorry for your lost. I like Judy am a widow. My husband passed a few years ago and we had been married 30 years. So I know the pain you are going through. Did the company you worked for talk to you about the family leave act. I know it helped me when I had to be off to help take care of my husband.
    Chandra_A Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 01:09 PM

@ JudyKayTee
    Yes, just this morning. I live in Florida...

@DownUnder
    We had 15 very wonderful years. And I worked as an independent contractor, so FMLA does not come into play.Gonna be few weeks longer while take care of services, burial, misc paperwork, and decide 'what I want to be when I grow up'. I'm 45, but starting from scratch almost...
    Going to be a rough one emotionally for sure (but then don't need to tell YOU that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pell Grant? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm searching for grants so I can go back to school andi keep seeing stuff about Pell Grants what are they and how doi get one?

Were can I find grant money to attend akron barber college [ 1 Answers ]

Were can I find grant money to attend Akron Barber College

Fiancial aid for student with single handicap parent [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 44 year old separated mom who is disabled with MS. I need to find how I can get some financial aid for my daughter who will start school Aug. I know there is some help out there for her. But I have no clue where to start. I too would like to get help for myself. I don't want to go to...

How can I get a grant or scholarship for my daughter to attend Elisabeth Seton HS? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is in the 6th grade. She will be graduating in about 3 years. I looked at Little Red School House's high school. I was very impressed but the tuition is over $25,000 a year. I can not afford it. I would like to know how to go about getting her a grant or a scholarship.

How can I get people to attend my real estate classes in houston,tx [ 1 Answers ]

:( How Do I Get People To Come To My Real Estate Classes In Houston,Texas How And Where Do I Advertise Need Help With Getting People To Respond To My Class Ads Can Any Body Help Me With This

View more questions Search