Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katiemolleur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 06:00 PM
    I had my period on August 22nd. I started taking birth control that day. I only took birth control for seven days and stopped completely. I had another period on September 4th and lasted for six days. I had unprotected sex on Sept 18th early morning. I haven't taken the pill since not on it only took it for seven days. I haven't gotten a period yet. When should I expect one and could I have gotten pregnant? I have bloating, backache, cramps,my breasts are very tender when I take my bra off and they look huge.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 06:22 PM

So you did not take the pills long enough to have any effect and did not use any other methods, then of course you could be.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2010, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katiemolleur View Post
    I had my period on August 22nd. I started taking birth control that day. I only took birth control for seven days and stopped completely. I had another period on September 4th and lasted for six days. I had unprotected sex on Sept 18th early morning. I haven't taken the pill since not on it only took it for seven days. I haven't gotten a period yet. When should i expect one and could i have gotten pregnant? I have bloating, backache, cramps,my breasts are very tender when i take my bra off and they look huge.

Any time you have unprotected sex (or, even protected - nothing is 100%) you can get pregnant. You know how your cycle runs, how many days. We don't.

As a side question - why did you go on and off birth control? That itself can mess up your system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I stopped my birth control what are the odds of getting pregnant now [ 1 Answers ]

I stopped my birth control and I'm trying to get pregnant. I took a prenancy test and it said negative. But the next day I started to wipe and brown distarge was on the toilet paper. But I have not started my period yet? I hardly have anything coming out? What does this mean?

Stopped birth control, Negative pregnant test,55 days and no period [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here's my story.. I was on because (micronor) for 3 - 4 months.. due to headaches and irregular periods.. I stopped taking them.. My last period was on Dec 15 and I stopped taking because on dec 18. My last period was very light and it went on only for 3 dayz... since den there is no period.. I...

Stopped Birth control/No Period [ 5 Answers ]

I finished taking the last of my birth control pills back in June, I believe the last one was taken on the 15th. I haven't had a period since. I read online and also have begun to see my doctor. I know sometimes they say in some women it can take up to 3 - 6 months after your last period to finally...

Stopped Birth Control [ 13 Answers ]

I stopped taking the pill after the last pack, got my period June 14 and then on the 25th I had sharp pains in my lower right abdomen and my dr. said she saw a definite follicle, on the 27th,28th I had thick 'eggyolk' discharge, what in the world is going on?

Could I be pregnant? Only on birth control 7 days :/ [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 19 and just started birth control pills for the first time - Ortho TriCyclen Lo. I had unprotected sex for the first time on the night that I took the 8th pill. I heard that it takes 7 days for it to be effective and technically it was 7 days, but was it cutting it too close? What are the...

View more questions Search