Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2006, 06:54 PM
    K-Test Poll
    K-Test Poll

Has the K-Test helped you identify a bad Engine Control Module (ECM) in your Honda Civic or Accord, which caused you to replace it and get your car running again? If it has, I'd like to chronicle that fact here.
    Jamodu Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Yep, after replacing the distributor unnecessarily, the K-Test correctly identified the problem as being a fault ECU/ECM.

The car now runs perfectly! Thanks for the help and advice!
    alexajm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Yes, did the test and found no voltage. Replaced the ECM with another one and car works great.
    ookinschma Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 06:08 PM
    The K-test did it! It's a sure-fire way to confirm a bad ECM. The ol' Civic lives on!
    curbsidemechanic Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2007, 09:45 AM
    YES! The losers at the dealership wanted me to bring the entire car in before they could confirm a bad ECM. K-test gave me enough confidence to decide it MUST be the computer, and after spending 150 on a "re-built" unit from a scrap yard, the honda is back from the dead, and I know how the ignition and fuel systems work now. Awesome.
    philiose Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Yes, the ECM was intermittently bad as determined by the K-test! Required voltage the first time I checked, no voltage the second... Opened up the unit - pretty easy to see that a burnt capacitor was the culprit. Easy and accurate.
    Tiger77536 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Definitely the K-test! Helped me view the ECM more closely and after examining the ECM I found a capacitor to be defective. Replaced with a used ECM and so far our Honda seems to be doing great. The ASE technicians replaced everything else so the car is almost like new. Thanks a million txgreasemonkey. Greetings from Houston.
    e419 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 07:11 PM
    k-test help me figure out it was the ECM and I got my car running fine now
    headacheforhonda Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Yes. K-test did the job. Replaced ECM(or ECU). Car backs to life.
    necatur Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 04:30 AM
    Yep, it was a great help, thanks sir!
    skweky Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 01:47 PM
    I did the K-Test just like txgreasemonkey said. He was right. ECM was bad. I replaced it with a used one I got off EBAy of all places, and PESTO!! My Daughters back on the road again. Merry Christmas to all and Thanks again txgreasemonkey!
    akuma06 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 11:41 AM

Great help , k-test help me to find the bad ecu before I start buing other parts like the dealership told me to... save lots of money thanks you're a money savior...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Test [ 4 Answers ]

Test:confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :D :D http://www.lunarforums.com/forum/Smileys/default/woot_jump.gif

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Do I need to test? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Virginia. My wife has just had a baby girl and there is a question of paternity. I am willing to accept this child as my own and have read that in Va, the husband is presumed to be the father. There is no father listed on the BC. Do I need to have a paternity test to have my name placed...

Test [ 2 Answers ]

This is a test

View more questions Search