Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kanchelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 06:35 PM
    Legal guardian after 18
    I was given permanent custody of one of my daughters friends who was a teenager. Now that she is 19 what is my legal relationship to her? Can she still list me as next of kin for medical issues.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2006, 06:56 PM
    I will say this is one I had never even thought of, since of course your legal status ended at 18, but since you were the legal guardian, I believe for legal purpose I would have them prepare a Limited Power of Attorney perhaps giving you the right only over medical issues in special cases.

This well needs to require an attorney
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Yes - there's really no reason why she can't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this legal? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for me to hack another one of my own computers?

Are we legal [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I live in england my girlfriend is 16 but I'm only 15 I have been wondering if it legal for us to have sex?;)

Is this legal ? [ 10 Answers ]

I currently accepted a job where I was under the impression I was to travel out of my surrounding area.During this last holiday break I received a phone call from the human resources that my itenerary would be in the mail.When I returned from my out of town holiday visit.I indeed received an...

Is It Legal [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My daughter is buying a mobile home and land package deal. She started buying it in 2002. In 2004 she lost her job and got behind on her payments. So the mortgage co put it in foreclosure. She paid a little over 5 thousand to stop the foreclosure. Then in 2005 she had to take a different...

Generator for the house, Guardian? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I asked this question a long time ago, but it seems that I'm finally going to give in and buy one. I thought I could get away with just a portable generator, but after Wilma blew through South Florida, my house will not have power back until November 15th. Luckily, the weather is...

View more questions Search