Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2010, 10:49 AM
    Megachurch pastor says he's going to beat off sex charges
    Televangelist Eddie Long: 'I'm going to fight' sex allegations - CNN.com

The lawsuits accuse Long of using his power and influence within the 25,000-member church to lure young male church members into sexual relationships. The suits allege that the relationships, which began when the men were in their teens, lasted over many months. READ DETAILS ABOUT THE SUITS

Long took the young men -- all of them teens at the time -- on trips, including to Kenya, according to the suits. Long allegedly paid for their hotel rooms, and gave the young men gifts, including a car, cash and jewelry -- all in exchange for sexual favors such as massaging, masturbation and oral sex.

The accusations were particularly controversial because Long, who is married, has preached passionately against homosexuality over the years.
    This all sounds so familiar it's sad.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2010, 10:59 AM

Yep, he should have just been a Democratic politician where they celebrate their perverts.
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2010, 11:03 AM
    Hahaha! That's funny! Let's celebrate the perverts!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2010, 11:03 AM

He said he has some rocks for his sling... but people in glass houses... I want to see the match box offer he filled in to become ordained .
    Is it me... or does he look like one of the 'Village People "?
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2010, 11:07 AM
    He has 25,000 followers and they are cheering for him. I guess pretty much anyone can become a priest. Got to watch out there tom-boy, you're using the "no true scotsman" logical fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion.
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2010, 11:29 AM

And your's is sort of the reverse in that you paint with a broad brush in your implication .

I neither condemned or supported the guy... all I see are allegations .

It's an interesting thing however . Black ministers with radical theologies usually get a pass by the MSM.
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2010, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It's an interesting thing however . Black ministers with radical theologies ususally get a pass by the MSM.
    The link is to CNN dude.

Here's more:
    Bishop Eddie Long News and Video - FOX News Topics - FOXNews.com
    Under God: DC area pastors react to Eddie Long sex abuse allegations - Elizabeth Tenety
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2010, 01:48 PM

By the way, was the way you phrased your title intentional?
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2010, 02:56 PM
    Yes. :D
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2010, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It's an interesting thing however . Black ministers with radical theologies ususally get a pass by the MSM.
    Hello again, tom:

Yeah, like Farrakhan does. Dude, you're getting tea partier every day.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2010, 06:42 PM

Yes Screwy Louie ,and Revs Wright, Jackson ,and Sharpton.
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Oct 1, 2010, 07:29 PM
    I want to see just how long his wife stands by him once this all hits the courts and media.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am looking for a pastor or marriage officer [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a pastor or marriage officer that can marry us in his home or office in gauteng boksburg area

I need to beat assault/mischief charges [ 24 Answers ]

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Ontario Canada I know the response to this is to seek out a lawyer which I am doing. What I am looking for is to calm my nerves a bit because this needs to be dealt with and dropped somehow. I was charged with Assault and Mischief...

Can I press charges after 13 years for sex with a minor [ 3 Answers ]

Can myh usband press charges on his kids mom for having sex with him when he was 16 years old and she was 19 years old. 13 years have gone by but there has been so much drama with her over the years. This women has me in jail she says I beat her up in 2006 however she is just angry that I am...

Scam Pastor/missionary [ 2 Answers ]

We have a family here that claims to be missionary's from Germany, living on an Indian Rez, not paying taxes, claiming a building on their property to be a church. This Church has not grown to beyond 12-14 people since they came around 2002-2003, they don't hold church in this building. They appear...

Palin and her Witch Hunting Pastor [ 38 Answers ]

Hello: So, if some black politician, perhaps by the name of Obama, had a Pastor who is an ACTIVE witch hunter, do you think Sean Hannity and the Limp one would make a big deal about it? I think they would. Well, guess what? excon

View more questions Search