Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fallbrook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 10:08 AM
    Installing an outdoor ceiling fan , single pole switch to control the fan. I have to
    Pull the power from an outdoor GFI... can anyone help me on how to make the connections?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 07:46 PM

Remove the gfci from the box after you have killed the breaker for this cicruit. Do you see a small yellow strip of tape across the GFCI back?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a hunter ceiling fan & light control to operate my fan w/light [ 3 Answers ]

I just replace my kitchen light with a new ceiling fan w/light. I now was going to try to install my hunter ceiling fan & light control switch. The switch has a black, blue and red wire w/green ground. The wall outlet has a black, red and white wire with ground. I just wasn't sure which wires...

Double pole or single pole switch 4 reversing fan [ 4 Answers ]

I currently have a switch for my fan and another one for my fan light. I would like to reverse the fan movement. Would I use a double pole double throw or a single pole double throw switch?

Installing Switch to Control Ceiling Fan that Controls Outlet now [ 10 Answers ]

I have several rooms in my house that have outlets controlled by the only switch in the room. The ceiling fans are controlled only by the pull of the cord at the fan. I want to make the switch control the fan and light, and make the outlet live all the time. I am not sure how to setup the switch...

Installing a light kit on a ceiling fan where a switch enables both fan and light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with three wires emerging from the top: white, black, red, and green. Presently the white, black, and green are hooked up to a switch and the fan works fine. The red is capped. The fan also has a chain which I intend on keeping on the medium setting indefinitely. ...

Installing fan and light switch for ceiling fan [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to install a switch that controls both the ceiling fan with 3 speeds and a dimmer switch all in one unit for a hunter ceiling fan. At the wall switch there is a black wire which is always hot, a red and a ground. At the ceiling, where I removed a light fixture, there is a black, red,...

View more questions Search