Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2010, 08:34 AM
    El nino or La Nina?
    I have searched for awhile on what this year has been and what next year is going to be. I am not to good on researching this or understanding what most of the stuff means. I know the difference of the two. I just don't know where to find the predictions of next year and what this year has been. Also if next year is going to be a wet year in the summer or a dry one. All help is greatly appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 09:43 AM

Sounds like you are trying to understand the data so you can make a prediction. Tough job, many meteorologists goof it up so hard for you to make sense of these cycles. Hoping this will be informative read for you United States Regions long range weather forecasts
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2010, 09:56 AM

Well, I work at a landfill and we have a water that we call Leachate and we have to have it hauled off to a water treatment plant or recycle it over the trash. Anyway, we are doing budgeting for next year. We are trying to figure out how wet or dry it will be next summer. The more it rains, the more money we spend having it hauled off. So, I thought the El nino and La nina would help me out but I was having such a hard time understanding most of it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 12:37 PM

Thanks Adam, I live not far from you and in the last 10 years we have had two 100 year rains and one 300 year rain of 13" in 36 hours. Safe bet to figure wet, at least in Illinois
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2010, 01:33 PM

I am thinking wet too. From what I found, I said wet. I think it is better to have a bigger budget than to go over the budget anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is this artist? NINO? [ 5 Answers ]

I am asking on behalf of the widow of an old friend, now deceased, who once pointed at the painting and said to me that the artist was in the MOMA collection. That was in the late 70s or early 80s. I have tried repeated searches on the internet. The subject matter is evocative of Nino Caffe, i.e....

What causes an El Nino Weather pattern? [ 4 Answers ]

What causes an El Nino weather pattern?

View more questions Search