Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Askes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 09:42 PM
    My CD drive won't read one of my discs.
    I recently bought a game today. The Total War Battlepack. Rome: Total War, and Medieval II: Total War.

It won't read Medieval II: Total War, but it'll read Rome: Total War.

I also bought Starcraft II about a month ago and it didn't read that so I just downloaded it from the website. But I had it in my CD drive today, and it was reading it, so apparently it started reading that disc at some point.

What.. the hell do I do? I think it's actually SCRATCHING the disc, rather than READING it just judging by the sounds and the disc itself. New scratches are appearing at random whenever I try it and then take it out again.
    Askes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Askes View Post
    I recently bought a game today. The Total War Battlepack. Rome: Total War, and Medieval II: Total War.

It won't read Medieval II: Total War, but it'll read Rome: Total War.

I also bought Starcraft II about a month ago and it didn't read that so I just downloaded it from the website. But I had it in my CD drive today, and it was reading it, so apparently it started reading that disc at some point.

What..the hell do I do? I think it's actually SCRATCHING the disc, rather than READING it just judging by the sounds and the disc itself. New scratches are appearing at random whenever I try it and then take it out again.
    Oh, yeah, I'm using Vista Home Premium on a Dell C521 computer by the way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd drive won't read blank discs [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, hope someone can help, I'm having problems with my drive, it won't read blank dvd-r/rw's, It's fine when it comes to regular discs with data on them, it just keeps telling me to insert a blank disc even though there's one in there. The number of the disc drive is WDC-WD400BB-00DEA0 (IF...

Why won't my PC read discs? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, recently my computer has stopped reading discs. It hasn't really bothered me until I had to use a disc, and now it's driving me crazy! I've tried reading up on every possible answer, but nothing seems to be working. I just tried inserting The Sims 2 disc just to see if it would read, and it...

Why won't small discs work in the cd drive [ 2 Answers ]

Why won't a cd from a video recorder work on my dvd player but not on the computer ?

Cd drive not reading any discs [ 1 Answers ]

Been working perfectly and then stopped recognizing any kind of disk all of a sudden. I've used device manager to troubleshoot which indicates everything is working properly. I've uninstalled the driver through the device manager and re-installed upon a re-start and still nothing. When I place a...

Cd/dvd drive stopped recognizing discs [ 5 Answers ]

The disc drive stopped recognizing my discs. What is the problem and how can I fix it. I have windows vista

View more questions Search