Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manofbronze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 02:44 PM
    Wiring a furnace thermostat to manually operate the furnace fan
    I have two wires connected to my furnace thermostat. There is a place labeled G on the thermostat. Can I simply run a wire from the G terminal on my thermostat to the terminal labeled G on my furnace fan relay to operate the fan separately?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2006, 04:47 PM
    Yes, no problem. While you are pulling the wire, you might consider pulling in a 4-5 wire cable so you will have it if you ever upgrade to air.
    gerpak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 10:10 AM
    I need to instal a relay between my thermistat(24V) and a fan motor(120V), can I get a wiring diagram?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Wiring for Electric Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I'm want to install the thermostat on our Electric Furnace. The wire leading to the furnace is a two wire (BLACK AND WHITE WIRES) It's heat only. The thermostat has a W and an R on the back of the stat. The furnace terminal has Y,W,O,C,G,F. The WO has a jumper between them? The W has a White...

My Furnace won't kick on even after I've manually primed it 10 times [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know why I can't seem to keep the furnace running I prime it it stays on for 2 minutes then shuts down even before the blower starts . What's up with the red light near the reset button

Outdoor Wood Furnace Second Thermostat Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed an Outdoor Wood Furnace and need help with wiring the thermostat. My indoor furnace is a Trane Gas Furnaceand A/C. I am trying to wire a second thermostat to the blower on the gas furnace so I can just run the blower. The Trane thermostat wires are W,R, Y, and G. I installed a...

Thermostat/Furnace Wiring Connection [ 1 Answers ]

Whew! It's over a 100 degrees in this house. My blower will turn on but the outside compressor will not. I notice that I now have a loose yellow wire inside the Goodman furnace. This yellow wire comes from the Y terminal on the thermostat. It must be related to my problem, but I don't know...

Furnace fan switch wiring [ 4 Answers ]

I have an oil furnace, controlled by a thermostat that only has 2 wires going to it, but I want to be able to turn on the fan only from the fan switch on the t-stat. There do not appear to be any further connections at the furnace to hook up to, and the fan switch at the furnace (which can be set...

View more questions Search