Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fabricater1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 04:16 PM
    11 ph honda will only run with choke on? What's wrong?
    Engine starts on first pull but as soon as I take the choke off it dies out. I took carb off and cleaned it and blew it out but still does the same thing. The jet moves freely and doesn't appear to be damaged. Thanks
    bioray Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Sep 26, 2010, 05:26 PM
    Not getting enough fuel. The main jet might have dirt in it. The float might need to be adjusted to keep the engine from starving.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2010, 08:24 PM

Pull the hose off the carb and see if your getting a good flow of fuel . If so you might need to clean carb again. This has happened to me more than once.
    If your not getting good fuel check your hose for clogs , check the screen inside the tank. Check and make sure the fuel cap is venting good.
    LUCK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs&Stratton won't run w/o choke [ 9 Answers ]

There is no water in the fuel, replaced fuel pump diaphragm's and springs. Will start and run with the choke 7/8 closed, as I increase the throttle I can open the choke more until the throttle is wide and the choke is closed. Hellllp. It is on a 19.5 hp craftsman 42" mower ~ 8 years old. ...

Featherlite Weedeater won't run except on full choke [ 2 Answers ]

I've had a Featherlite Weedeater for a year. When I tried to start it this summer, it will only run on full choke. When I try to put it on run, it shuts down immediately. Has anyone had this problem or know why this is happening? I changed out the old gas with new.

1980 kx 80 won't run off choke [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1980 kx 80. The bike starts within the first few kicks and idles fine on choke. I let it idle down until it comes to an even smooth idle, and the pipe is warm. I push the choke in and it revs back up really high then it idles down quickly and conks out. I try to give it throttle to recover...

Rototiller will run in choke but dies in run. [ 6 Answers ]

I have a MTB 5hp Rototiller, and when I have it in choke it runs fine, but drop it in to run and dies... Any help appreciated. Thanks! =)

View more questions Search