Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelly.tete Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 11:13 AM
    How can I skip a grade?
    I really want to skip 8th grade and move on to high school because I am basically the oldest. I flunk 3rd grade but science than my grades have been pretty good except for 1 report card I got a 60 in one class and 70s ,but I ussually get 80s and 90s even 100s. I think I was going through a really hard time understanding the lesson when my grades went down, but I brought them back up very quickly because I felt really bad.
    Please tell me how to skip a grade I would do anything.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2010, 02:20 PM

Talk to your teachers. Only they can decide if skipping a grade is suitable for you. From the sound of it, I doubt it. Someone has to be the oldest, that's not a reason for skipping. The best reason would be if you were so far in advance of the rest of your class that the world would be extremely boring to you. If you were scoring 100s almost all the time, then you have a good argument for skipping. 70, 80 and 90 sound like you are in the right class.
    hockeychick4123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 05:44 PM
    Start getting A's. After the report card comes out make an appointment with the principal or your counselor.
    It will be a lot easier if you have A's than if you have B's or C's
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 06:03 PM

Yes, start getting nothing less than 95's in everything and at the end of year testing ( CAT or what ever is used in your state) show you are testing at a level higher than the grade you want to pass.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I skip a grade [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the 8th grade I got held back in the 1st grade and I wanted to know what summer stuff I can take to get to my right grade?

I'm 15 and I'm going to 8th grade , I don't want to do 8th grade I want to skip to 9th [ 11 Answers ]

I stayed back in 4th grade and 5th grade , now I'm becoming a 8th grader , I'm really ready for high school even though my grades are a little low , can you help me shoud I move to a other country so they could skip me?

How can my child skip a grade in middle school [ 1 Answers ]

Our child was held back in 1st grade due to an October birth date. Now he is 12 and an A-B+ student going to 6th grade Aug-24 2010. He is very large compared to his classmates and wants to get involved in sports. It seems that he is in between being too old for most leagues or not in the...

What do I have to learn in social studies to skip 8th grade? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to skip 8th grade and I know everything for all the subjects except in social studies, so what do I got to learn? (I live in MI if that helps)

My son,13,is in the 6th grade for the 2nd time. Is there a test to skip to the 8th? [ 3 Answers ]

My son, 13, is in the 6th grade for the second time. He was held back in the 1st grade. Is there a test to skip to the 8th in GA?

View more questions Search