Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sainaba Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 11:03 PM
    Desktop context menu missing
    Hi
    I have deleted some entries from registry unknowingly. After restart some options like 'Arrange icons by, New folder options' seems disappear.:confused:

How to get back the registry options back

Thanks in Advance
    NairobiPOD Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 26, 2010, 08:33 AM
    Well if you don't know which keys you deleted it will be hard to get them back.
    If you know which ones, you could try and copy them from another computer running exactly the same Version of Windows.
    If you are using XP you could enter the Instalaltion Disk and try to do a Repair-Installation
    But both options could also make everything worse, only try them as a last option before you are going to reinstall your system anyway.

Before deleting anything from the registry or changing anything you should always rightclick the Key you want to change or delete and export it into a file.
    If your change causes something unexpected you can just doubleclick the file, and the old version of the key will be restored!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2010, 06:44 PM

You can do a system restore back to a time/date when everything was correctly setup

Start, programs, access. system tools, system restore

Pick a date when all working

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing Folders From Start Menu [ 9 Answers ]

Using XP SP3, I am only able to display 2 folders in the right upper pane of the Start Menu: My Computer and My Documents. The boxes are checked in R-Click Start>Properties>Start Menu Tab>Customize Button>Advanced Tab>Start Menu Items Box for My Network Places, My Music, My Pictures, but they...

Looking for a Utility to control the Context Menu/Right Click options [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am using XP pro. Is anyone aware of a good utility (ideally freeware if possible) which will let me control what options get displayed when I get the context menu upon right click of the mouse.

MS Excel send to menu missing [ 2 Answers ]

I ve realized that my MS Excel 2003, doesn't show the 'Send to' in the file menu. I want to send the Excel Doc. To mail. Can anyone help me with this

Missing address, menu, toolbars, everything! (IE) [ 3 Answers ]

I have no idea how it has happened, but we seem to have lost out address bars, toolbars, everything. It looks like I've pressed F11 (but when I do, it just stretches the screen further). I have looked around the net already, and took some advice... I navigated to my...

Missing icons on desktop [ 3 Answers ]

On this PC I am using Windows 98 For no apparent reason when I was browsing "VIEW" the multiple short cut icons disappeared from the desktop backgound. I cannot find a way to get them back onto screen. Can any kind person help please?

View more questions Search