Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexsal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 08:47 PM

This site is great! My "clean" light went on and I pressed "Normal Wash, Heated Dry" three times and the dishwasher reset itself.
    alexsal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 08:49 PM
    Did you eventually get it fixed? What was wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by skipflip View Post
    Unfortunately, although the info here allowed me to do the reset, it appears it does indicate an underlying defect. When I was able to run the washer again, it didn't work properly. So the flashing clean light does in fact seem to have a function - keeping you from using the machine when it's broken.
    drmilews Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 07:20 PM

You guys rock!

I took down the model and serial number and started to look for the Sears number. I was worried this would cost a couple hundred dollars since the warrantee had expired three years ago. Then I thought to check the web - this might be an easy fix. This was the first Google came up with. It worked first time!

Yes - the internet is a wonderful tool!
    TheSnowMaiden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 10:28 AM
    Thank you so much for this information! I know I didn't actually do anything besides follow your instructions, however, I must admit I feel pretty good not having to call a technician out to my house! Plus, my husband says he now owes me a foot massage. :)

I tried the heated dry-normal wash : heated dry-normal wash sequence and got all of the buttons to come on and a cycle to start, however, when I canceled the cycle that automatically started the green clean button was still flashing and I couldn't start a new wash cycle. After several times of this happening I finally just let the cycle that started automatically run. After a few minutes it ended, the clean button was not flashing and I was able to start a new cycle. I thought I would share just in case someone else had this unique problem.

Anyway, thank you again, so very much!
    ksdoglady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 10:59 AM
    I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Quiet Guard 3 and the sequence as follows worked for me: heated dry-normal wash-heated dry-normal wash. Wait just a few secs and the lights on the panel will light up and then going into a Quick Rinse cycle. Cancel the cycle and resume your wash normally. Good Luck!
    mringersol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2010, 10:34 AM
    Does anyone know the sequence for model 16389300? The buttons are different, and I have not figured out the combination.
    brn2tch7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 07:16 PM
    Thank you so much guys! My husband is in Baghdad and I had NO idea how to make this thing stop blinking... LOVE technology of today!
    brn2tch7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 07:16 PM
    Thank you so much guys! My husband is in Baghdad and I had NO idea how to make this light stop blinking and get my washer to work again. Wonderful world of technology!
    platnich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 03:44 PM
    Model 665.1379. To reset: Press normal wash - heated dry - normal wash - heated dry. Then all lights come on. Press start - Good to go. Thanks all for your help!
    revsteven Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 10:00 AM
    I have an ultra wash dishwasher, water will spray from the under the bottom rack but not from the arm under the top rack. I've done the reset with the high temp heated dry buttons but that didn't work for me... I'm at a loss. I don't think I'm getting the water pressure that I've typically had... any suggestions?
    JimGu Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 21, 2011, 02:04 PM
    Although this will reset the control and allow the machine to work again, eventually it will happen again. The heater needs to be replaced and in some instances the heater and the control.
    mkmando Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2011, 04:42 PM
    Comment on curtisst's post
    I like your post very helpful the washer is back in service, thank you very much. I called sears and asked for a service man to come out and repair my dishwasher and they quoted me 150 just to have the dishwasher diagnosed or I could pay 250 for a service plan that would cover all repairs and coverage for 1 year. I cancelled to service order. I am so glad I took the time and did some research on my own, with your help everything has worked out and my wife is happy again.
    ETB464 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2011, 05:57 PM
    Hello, I have the same problem with my Kenmore #665.17052402 but I can not get the reset to work. When I push the buttons, heated dry, normal wash, heated dry, normal wash, the normal wash light and the heated dry light come on but nothing else happens. Very frustrating! Any suggestions out there? Thanks.
    Glider_Guider Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 11:27 AM
    Fdg dfg dfg df dff
    Glider_Guider Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 11:36 AM
    You should have gotten a sheet with the dishwasher that says part no. 8535451
    And says "FOR SERVICE TECHNICIAN'S USE ONLY". There is a section: SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE NOTES.
    NOTE 1. To start the Service Diagnostics Cycle, press the following keys, in order, in less than 6 seconds:
    Heated Dry, Normal, Heated Dry, Normal
    This will initiate a cycle which lasts about 30 minutes.
    This same sheet shows what is being checked if you desire to watch it go through the whole sequence.
    simonenichol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2011, 02:13 PM
    Having forums like this is one of the best uses of Internet! Like many others, I thank you all for sharing the info about fixing the issue with a blinking "clean" light on a Kenmore dishwasher.

My model is 665.1389/ 665.1321 and the procedure worked brilliantly. HERE ARE THE STEPS:
    1. Hit 'normal wash'-'heated dry' sequence repeatedly (3 times in my case) until all the lights light up.
    2. Close the door and, after the dishwasher re-sets itself, it will automatically start a normal wash-heated dry cycle.

As simple as this (shame on Kenmore for not including this info in their troubleshooting section in the manual!)!
    mzliz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2011, 08:49 PM
    If I could reach through the internet and give you a big kiss I would Curtisst! My dishwasher is off and running. After blinking "clean" at me for 2 hours of frustration, the "normal wash" and "heated dry" alternating buttons lit the entire panel as you predicted, momentarily went out, and started up with normal wash. Being the mother of all teenage boys with an over loaded washer crammed boy style, I was dreading the hand cleaning coming up. Now I am having a glass of wine! Muah
    maderaj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 05:38 PM
    I own a Kenmore ultra wash MODEL 665.13899K801. Here is how I got the washer rest.
    PRESS normal wash, heated dry, normal wash, heated dry, normal wash
    ALL LIGHT CAME ON AND WASHER RESET. HOPE IT HELPS
    jimmyboy51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 08:37 PM
    Thanks my friends.it worked! Normal wash / heated dry... press one then the other 5 times, all light lite up, wait a minute press Cancel... all lights out NO BLINKER ANY MORE... till next time.

rupzip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2012, 05:24 PM
    This solution worked just fine . Did the combination three times, all the lights lit up and boom-- all fixed. Thanks !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model #665.1703, Flashing light-won't start [ 118 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful. Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes: Thank-you in advance:o

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Normal Wash Light Flashing [ 2 Answers ]

The Normal Wash light on my five-year old Kenmore 665.15959000 dishwasher is flashing and the keypad is inoperative. I already tried disconnecting the power for several hours and it made no difference. Can somebody tell me what the flashing Normal Wash light means? I am aware of the High Temp, Air...

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher that is approximately 5 years old. About 3 weeks ago the lock light started blinking. I held the No Heat button for 4 seconds to unlock which it did, but still will not start. Now, the delay 2 hour light is constantly blinking and my dishwasher still...

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a user manual or simply some explanation as to the various controls on the Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher. It is an older model #110753613 Serial number FFA0404041 I have done a lot of searching on the net and the only thing I can find is that Kenmore will give you the user...

View more questions Search