Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JessieNa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 02:10 PM
    Some of my cervix was remove my due date is jan.4 when should I go on maternity leave
    I had a leap procedure done in 2008 where part of my cervix was removed. And now I am 25 weeks pregnant and I was told that the baby will probably come earlier than my expected jan. 4, 2011 due date because part of my cervix was removed. I wanted to know when will it be best that I go on maternity leave. I was thinking about Dec. 17 being my last day of work.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2010, 05:27 PM

Hi JessieNa... welcome to AMHD!

It really is going to be up to you and your doctor and the status of things at that time. While a preterm birth is a greater possibility it is not definite and each situation will have to be monitored individually.
    Talk to your doctor about how far ahead of your due date he/she feels may be beneficial. The 17th sounds reasonable, but they could suggest even sooner if you were to show any indication of things progressing too early.
    Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Posterior cervix and past my due date [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Im now 40 weeks and 3 days pregnant and in yesterday's check-up my doctor told me that my cervix is still posterior and she would like to examine me again tomorrow and might induce me depending on the findings then. Otherwise both my baby and I are doing perfectly fine. Im really tired of...

Maternity leave [ 3 Answers ]

I am a hiar stylist who is 7 months pregnant, I do not have maternity leave with my employers. Is there any kind of assistance I gan get during my leave? I am just making enough right now to pay bills so I am concerned on how to pay my bills while I am not able to work.

Maternity Leave [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am currently pregnant and very EXCITED! :) My question is: How long to I have to go back to work after Maternity Leave so all my health insurance is covered? See my situation is my boyfriend and I aren't married, but we are putting the baby on his insurance once it's born so that...

Maternity leave [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my husband are trying for a baby and I'm just wondering if I should get a insurance out when I'm pregnant to cover maternity leave.Its just that we are both self employed and I have not long started my business and I think we will need all the help we could get.. Does anyone know of any...

View more questions Search