Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 25, 2010, 01:21 PM
    Wiring cooktop with 2 black wires, no red
    I have a new cooktop 30A (replacing old 30A) with 2 black wires and 1 green and that's it! Does it not matter which black wire goes to red??
    Plus the plastic whip is bigger than any holes in the old junction box. It has a huge removable plug on it but it's still too big. Do I have to buy some adapter to get it to clamp safely into the opening?
    It's a Kuppersbush.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2010, 02:08 PM

It doesn't matter, Black/Black, Red/Red, Black/Red, and either hot leg from breaker can go to either color. You just need the 240 volts to the 2 black.
    They Make reducing wasers to reduce the size of the hole to allow smaller connectors.

I have only seen and used these:
    http://www.garvinindustries.com/Fast...ducing-Washers

These, I just now found, and there are times you need a side clipped off, these are clipped in a hex pattern:
    http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/el...ducing-washers
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 25, 2010, 06:17 PM
    Thanks stratmando
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2010, 06:26 PM

Anytime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring new fixture, red,black and white wires [ 15 Answers ]

From switch many white wires,wire nutted together, black to switch, red to switch. From ceiling, whites nut together black nut together ,red nut together.one black wire Hanging down from previous light fixture, one red, and one white. Which wires do I use for Fixutre which has one white...

Black, red, black, purple wires for ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, old switch broke in half. Four wires exist. Red, balck, purple, and a thicker black. My hampton switch from Lowe's says there should be a yellow, and orange wire. How do I arrange this. Note: unknown ceiling fan model, came with house

Connecting red black tan and wires to ceiling fan with blue black green and white wir [ 2 Answers ]

How to connect red black tan and wires to ceiling fan with blue black green and white wires

Wall oven wiring with white, red, black and copper wires [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a GE wall oven. I have red, white, black and copper wires coming from the oven and the same coming from the wall. Do I connect each color wire to each other or do I connect the copper wires and white wires together?

Wall oven wiring with white, red, black and copper wires [ 1 Answers ]

If I have white, red black and copper wires coming from the wall and the wall oven do I wire each wire separately each color to each color?

View more questions Search