Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alicefred Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 05:26 AM
    Can't uninstall Norton Antivirus
    I have a Sony Vaio PC running Windows 7. I got it only few months ago from eCost through a discount deal available at http://www.dealrocker.com/promotions/ecost/deals/. I have Norton Antivirus installed on my computer. I can't remove Norton from my computer. Whenever I run the Norton uninstaller, it crashes my system. I get a blue screen and then I have to start it in safe mode and restore the system to the point before I ran the uninstaller. Can anyone help me to uninstall Norton Antivirus completely from my computer.

Thanks..
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Oct 3, 2010, 04:34 PM

I has a case like this 2 weeks ago.
    Its got something to do with a network card's driver. Disable all network cards in device manager. Uninstall norton and it will start up. But here is the catch. If you enable the addapters again it will give you a blue screen.

The problem was on the preloaded operating system. Reload the PC to factory state with the recovery option or recovery media.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Oct 9, 2010, 02:14 PM
    At the following site, download the Norton Removal Tool to completely remove the program:

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&selected_nav=&pvid =&docurl=20080710133834EN

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstall a antivirus s/w. [ 3 Answers ]

I want to uninstall the antivirus which is presently installed in my computer.but when I am trying to delete or uninstall it it shown that it is write protected or disk is full.also I can't install any other anti virus s/w. What can I do? Please help me.

Norton antivirus [ 2 Answers ]

Since I installed the upgrade on my 2006 norton internet secutiy, I have been getting these error messages about LuCallBackProxy module. Went to symantec knowledge base and nothing comes up. This is getting stupid

Unable to uninstall norton antivirus from add and remove [ 2 Answers ]

Dell XP pro virus infected PC, While installing Norton System Works PC went Blank and asked for a restart but installation didn't take place. Asking for a Fresh installation after uninstalling previous. Unable to uninstall after repeated Try i.e restart etc.

How to uninstall Norton Antivirus 2006 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everybody I need help in this issue please? And it started in my work email when I started receiving attachements zipped files including passwords and I tried to install the Norton Antivirus 2006. It crashed 3x during installation, creating Symantec errors and gives me this error that an old...

Uninstall Norton [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Until I can fit a new system in my budget, I'm stuck with my Windows ME. How do I uninstall Norton Security and Norton Anti-virus system? At one point I did hit uninstall in the programs list, now I can't find it anywhere, it's not even in install/uninstall programs. Also when I try to...

View more questions Search