Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phaworth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 02:54 AM
    Canon i865 prints with a green cast on photo paper but OK on plain paper - any ideas.
    Printer is several years old and has always performed properly until recently.
    I have tried under windows XP and win 7 and also on a new laptop and using different photo papers always get green tinged photos!
    I've used Canon's Easy Photoprint and also Photoshop CS3 - same green results but perfect on plain paper - it beats me!
    I hope somebody can enlighten me- help!!
    NairobiPOD Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 26, 2010, 05:08 AM
    Are you using original Canon ink, or noname?
    If you are using noname ink it most likely is the cause. Noname ink is of cheaper quallity and black is not real black but a very dark green.
    Another problem with noname ink is that it is chemically aggressive and destroyes the printhead. So it might happen that you invest your money into expensive Canon cartridges and the result will be the same.
    Maybe you should save the money for the cartridges and invest it into a new printer, and keep using the original ink.
    There are good printers with affordable original cartridges (Brother e.g.)
    But before: did you try to calibrate the printheads? (Should be an option in the Driver-Settings)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Self adhesive photo paper [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can get photo paper for copying off a computer that has adhesive on back? Thanks ahead of time Chuck

Photo Paper Printer Compatibility [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any compatibility issues between an HP printer and Canon photo papers such as glossy plus?

Canon mp600 paper jam [ 1 Answers ]

I had a paper jam in my Canon mp600. I cleared this - but now the printer will not function. Even though it passes paper cleanly when it starts up the "paper is jammed" warning comes on the LCD and it cannot be cleared or reset. As a result my printer thinks it's jammed amd will not print. Has...

Canon MP600 says no paper when there is paper [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying tp print from Canon MP600 but get message "there is no paper. load paper and press OK" There is paper in feeder - any idea of what solution might be ? Thanks

View more questions Search