Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy0929 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 01:24 PM
    Can I sue for this?
    I got into an altercation with a young lady, and she took it upon herself to go on Facebook and post a public statement saying "If you want to hook up with a whore for one night to call (000) 000-0000 (she had my actual number) and then posted my full name. I feel this is tearing down my reputation and advertising me as a whore, now all types of men have access to my number and can possibly get my address by using my number. Do I have a case?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 01:34 PM

You can sue but you must prove damages. Her comments have to damage your pocket book or cause you to get fired or not hired for a job because what she said was not true.
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Sep 24, 2010, 01:36 PM

This is defamation of character.

Defamation, Libel and Slander Law
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Sep 24, 2010, 01:42 PM

Was it your home or cell phone?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2010, 01:43 PM

Fradulent Reports, Slander, Harassment, Cyber Bullying

This is Cyber-Bullying.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 03:01 PM

While they may not do anything, I would contact the local police, since this should be breaking some laws depending on where. If the DA will do anything is another but I would call them to get this on record.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2010, 04:41 PM

Immediately change your home or cell phone number. Chalk it up to nasty people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue? [ 2 Answers ]

I was working for a very small business which I had a 401k plan with. I wanted to get a loan to have a much needed surgery and discovered that everything was on hold because the admin over the account was delinquent on a bill. I worked for this employer for a year, begging him to pay his debt so I...

Where do I sue [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you for your timely answer. The original judges decisin was made in New Jersey but my granddaughter now resides in California with her mother but I don't have a current address on her. So which state do I sue in and how can I find out her address

Can she sue me? [ 7 Answers ]

Iam being sued for declaration of character because I posted what I know about the person on her web page but she also posted things about me, what are my chances of winning.

Can you sue for this? [ 5 Answers ]

Can you sue someone who knowingly gave you stds?

View more questions Search