Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tristanislasbk Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 09:17 AM
    I want to be adopted
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2010, 09:20 AM

What is your question and what are the circumstances?

If both of your parents agree, yes, you can be adopted by another party.

If they don't, you cannot.

If you are being mistreated or neglected you can report the treatment to Child Protective Services (or a similar agency) in your area and be placed in foster care.

Sep 24, 2010, 09:28 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Am 20years I am in Cleveland as a foreign student and my parent can no longer afford my tuition and now I Go to a community college instead of a University, I need a family that can take care of me and my education and I will be with them

Sep 24, 2010, 09:33 AM
    Am 20years I am in Cleveland as a foreign student
    Am 20years I am in Cleveland as a foreign student and my parent can no longer afford my tuition and now I Go to a community college instead of a University, I need a family that can take care of me and my education and I will be with them
    drcoby Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 09:38 AM

Can u try getting a student loan or financial help
    If you have a good gpa you could also try bursuary at your university

Sep 24, 2010, 09:38 AM

Or get a part time job at the campus..

Sep 24, 2010, 09:42 AM
    I am trying to apply for a job but I haven`t gotten any yet my college is somewhat ghetto am not happy there I cannot study I don't have happiness anymore I want to go to a University, aren't there rich people who can help me then I will pay back in some ways by an installement plan
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 09:46 AM

Adoption in the United States simply does not work like that.

You are an adult, and expected to take care of yourself.

I don't know of anyone that would expend time and money and effort to support another adult going to school when the economy is the way it is. People are scrambling to put themselves and their children through school.

You should look into other financial aid options and a job rather than at adoption.

Sep 24, 2010, 09:48 AM
    Need a family
    Better still is there any way I can live with a family because am all alone now, I mean family who don't have kids, I mean white family

Sep 24, 2010, 09:50 AM
    Comment on Synnen's post
    Better still a family who don't have kids that I can live with for a while until I put myself together

Sep 24, 2010, 10:09 AM

Yeah like I said there must be student loans or bursuary at school that you could seek..
    Good luck man..
    Start seeking loan or financial help..
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2010, 10:09 AM

PLEASE stop opening new threads on this same subject.

So you are looking to live with a white family that doesn't have kids.

Why are you all alone and how old are you?

Please see more details in my other answer.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2010, 10:11 AM

It sounds like you are blaming your unhappiness on everyone but yourself.

Your "College" is sort of ghetto? I notice that your other thread is a "white family only" inquiry.

I think you are creating a lot of your own problems - sorry, but that's my opinion.

And please stop opening new threads on the same subject.

Sep 24, 2010, 10:13 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Foreign student don't get financial aid here in USA and am 20 years old, I go to a community college where am not happy, so I don't make friends with anybody and my parents back in Africa are can't support me anymore, my life is done am halfway dead
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 10:38 AM

You can post in the "answer this question" box below your thread.

Do not open more questions on the same subject, as they will be merged with this thread or deleted.

As I said before, adoption simply does NOT work like that. What it LOOKS like you are wanting is US citizenship through adoption, and a free ride through college.

Well, heck--I want a free ride through college too! You need to talk to your school's financial aid and international student offices and find out what your options are. I guarantee you that adoption is not one of your options--and that no "rich person" is just going to support an adult that isn't going to put in the effort to support themselves.

This economy is bad--it's hard to get jobs for EVERYONE. But you're not going to find anyone who is going to take you in, pay for your stuff, and take care of all of your problems for you.

Being an adult is taking care of those things for yourself.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2010, 10:49 AM

Life doesn't owe you anything kiddo. You think you'll appreciate things more if it's handed to you? Wrong. You want to be in College.. Work. My children did although we helped. You appreciated things more when you earn by your own sweat and tears. No one owes you anything. Stop acting as if they do.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2010, 01:52 PM

Imagine "resigning" from your blood family because they can't afford to pay for your schooling?

Just when I think I've heard it all...

And, yes, I would also like to adopted by Brad and Anglina. Or preferably, just Brad.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2010, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Imagine "resigning" from your blood family because they can't afford to pay for your schooling?

Just when I think I've heard it all ...

And, yes, I would also like to adopted by Brad and Anglina. Or preferably, just Brad.
    Yowzer.. Brad Pitt.. whoa Momma... grandma Kit is who you've been looking for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I adopted ? [ 6 Answers ]

I've always felt I'm not part of the family in some way but can never put my finger on it, I have a birth certificate (seen it) but there are other clues which points me in this adoption direction... My name is now spelt differently to what is on the birth certificate, my mum and dad's choice,...

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

Not Adopted, Given away. [ 5 Answers ]

I am 43 years old, and have been searhing for my birth parents for years. I have used Pay search sites, Phone books, Google, Msn, and Yahoo searches with no luck at all. {personal info removed-<>} I also have reason to believe that I have an older Sister and Brother, and my mother may have...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

How do I know if I was adopted [ 1 Answers ]

Ask your parents.

View more questions Search