Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaiiftikhar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 12:29 AM
    After getting green card on L1, how can I apply green card for my spouse
    I have applies for L1 which is approved and now I am planning to apply for green card, living here in U.S with my children, my lawyer suggest me not apply I-129F for my spouse due to some complications, he also suggested me to get the green card for myself first and then he will apply my spouse green card through my status. So my question is should I wait that long or can I apply spouse and myself green card together ? As my children don't want to live without their father any more and me also
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 08:53 AM

Normally it's advised to include spouse and children in the petition, otherwise it will take you another 5-7 years to bring them over here.

Please clarify your family situation...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conditional green card needing a divorce. Will the green card be lost? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a conditional green card by marriage in good faith. My wife(my petitioner) and I were only together for 2 months after marriage since she has to go to rehab for drug control.She has a boyfriend before who was into drugs and was controlling her that is why she was sent to rehab.Up to this...

Want to apply green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a researcher from Europe with J1-research scholar visa. I would like to apply for green card and I've heard that it cost a lot of money and I wondered if I could apply it by myself or is there anybody who could recommend a cheap and good low firm? Thanks

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

To apply Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

Hello to all. Would really appreciate if there is any help. I am on my 2nd year of H-1B and my wife on H-4. Working in Illinois company. I am from Canada. I am going to apply For EB-2 category labor certification from my ave current company. I Have BS in Civil Engineering plus more than 7...

View more questions Search