Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliciarose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 12:27 AM
    I rent a house and received a notice of trustee's sale, do I pay rent?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 24, 2010, 12:37 AM
    Yes as YOUR contract is with the Landlord and NOT the bank/trustees.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliciarose View Post
    ... do i pay rent?
    Until the sale and title has actually transferred. Then you would contrinue to pay, to the new owner.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 06:19 AM

Which trustee will help, bank as in a foreclosure, or bankrutpcy trustee as in the owner going bankrupt ?

But either way, you owe rent to the landlord for all the time you live there, up and till the date of the sale. You will owe rent to the new owner after the date of the sale, till the time you move out.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Which trustee will help, bank as in a foreclosure, or bankrutpcy trustee as in the owner going bankrupt ?.
    For a deed of trust foreclosure the bank normally wouldn't be the trustee, but yes, good question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When sharing rent is one liable to pay rent if not giving notice to the other? [ 1 Answers ]

When sharing rent with a friend, if she happens to move out 6 days before rent is due and doesn't notify the one she's living with of this, is she responsible for her half of the rent payment? When there is suppose to be a months notice to the landlord on moving. Which was not given.

Landlord received 60 day notice. I am being sued for past rent. What should I do? [ 3 Answers ]

I gave my landlord a 60 day notice about 3 days ago. I have a pending case to be heard in court next month. What should I do? Will the landlord sue me for 60 days because I gave notice or will they just sue for the past month owed? Thanks Renter in need of answers

I rent in Florida, we received a Foreclosure notice Do we have to pay our rent [ 2 Answers ]

We rent through a leasing company, We were served Foreclosure papers, Is it not illegeal for the owner to collect rent if he is in foreclosure. Can we stop paying rent? Our lease is up April 27th and the way things are backed up the eviction would not happen on my watch I hear 6month to 9mon...

Does 3 day Pay rent or quit notice include only rent? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My tenant paid $500 to get into my house (California). He was supposed to pay $3300 ($1800 rent + $2000 deposit) by 4th June. This was stated in contract. Instead he paid $1000 on 06/06. He deposited in my bank account. So if I want to give him a 3day pay rent or quit notice, should I...

View more questions Search