Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhanson23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 03:23 PM
    We live in San Diego, CA. We rented a house for three years.
    The landlord discovered we had my mom's dog staying with us at the home illegally, one week before we were supposed to move out. The landlords indicated it was okay for us to have two cats so we didn't think our sweet old dog would be an issue.
    Apparently, it was a very large issue. We were on great terms w the owners before they discovered the dog-which, we removed from the home within hours of their request.
    They immediately became vengeful and sent us a list of unreasonable demands that must be done prior to move out, or they would deduct from our security deposit. Please keep in mind, we had housekeepers twice a month, 2.5 out of the 3 years we lived in the house... it was spotless! (no animal damange at all!)
    We did most of the items they asked of us,hoping cooperation would help us get our $3300 deposit back.
    We did an initial ispection at move out (w the mgmt company they hired to find new tenants). The owners actually live in Costa Rica but had been managing us from a distance. They also indicated that they would be back on the 17th to do THEIR final inspection. They mailed our deposit back on the 21st, as they were told. However, on the 22nd, we received an email stating that they stop payment on the deposit they mailed the day before because they had just discovered a hole in the fence they assumed our dog made?? (p.s. there fence is rotting.. they've had to replace portions of it during our stay)
    She said it would take her a few weeks to get quotes and that they would send us some sort of breakdown in a few days?
    We did receive the deposit check on the 22nd, minus $500 (with no itemized breakdown or receipts).
    Regardless, she indicated she put a stop payment on the check before we even received it. So, wouldn't that be a clear violation of the law?
    We sent them an email asking that they please return our security deposit. They never responded. I'm at a loss..

Check out some similar questions!

Where to find a good thereapist in San Diego CA? [ 2 Answers ]

About me: Female, 26 years old, never done any drugs or abused alcohol, don't smoke. My Location: San Diego CA. I seek: Anger mangmnt, Therapy, counceling, any government help program. I have no Insurance through work since I am a temp for a staffing agency with no benefits. current problem:...

What to do with a Violent Felony? SAN DIEGO [ 1 Answers ]

My brother, who is 29 years old now has a violent felony on his record. He received it when he was 18 years old for getting in a fight with steel toed boots. He also has a drug possession felony on his record as well. Recently, he decided to get help and has been sober for 1 year. He wants to have...

San diego ca Thanksgiving vacation [ 1 Answers ]

I want to rent a house or condo, the dates can be easily changed, but around Nov 20 to 26th. I want to have a full kitchen and dining area to host Thanksgiving dinner for from 6 to 12 adults. The number of bedrooms isn't critical as guests can stay in hotels, or with us if the place were to...

San diego [ 1 Answers ]

What is the distance between studio city, ca. and san diego, ca?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.