Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2010, 01:41 PM
    This is weird for me to ask but I think my brother may need a second opinion
    My brother asked me the other day if he should see a doctor because it was swollen "down there" for a couple years and now after cutting down a tree with my dad last weekend it's been hurting. My brother is a very active guy so I know it's quite possible that he may have a hernia and he should definitely go see a doctor. However, this doctor told him that he just has a varicose vein after sending him for an ultrasound. That may be the case but I looked up hernias and this is what I found. http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/understanding-hernia-basics

Is is possible that what the doctor thought was a varicose vein could actually be his intestine? Or are varicose veins common in a 24-year-old that does not have a varicose vein anywhere else?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2010, 02:07 PM

What's stopping your brother from seeking a second opinion? (Why do you think we might know? We haven't seen your brother "down there.")
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2010, 03:38 PM

He's scared to get a second opinion. My question was whether you can see intestines in an ultrasound or if there was any way they might have mistaken them for a varicose vein.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2010, 03:40 PM

Why would he be scared? Neither a varicose vein or a hernia is any big deal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I related to my brother-in-laws brother? [ 12 Answers ]

It's been this huge discussion lately with many many MANY different answers, and I would like to know, If my sister marries a man, am I related to him AND his siblings? I have no idea...

Can I marry my brother in laws brother? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone... im so confused my sister is married with a japanese guy but before getting married his brother and I wer in love wjth each other that we want to get married but my sister and his older brother got married earlier than us.. I want to know if we still can get married even his brother...

Brother wants costody of younger brother [ 3 Answers ]

Brother wants costody of younger brother Hi my name is Russell and I'm from Minnesota and I have a younger brother that is 15 going on 16 and wants 2 live with me how would...

View more questions Search