Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DLC54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 12:38 PM
    After 2 week notice, my employer has not paid my final earnings
    Professional truck driver, my boss is not paying my last earned settlement. What do I do. I live in IL, work in IA.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 23, 2010, 02:37 PM

"What do I do" you can start by calling the payroll department. Did you get paid on specific dates each month, has that date come yet? Giving a 2 week notice may not warrant a check prior to a regular pay day.
    DLC54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Owner does not return my calls. BUT, in the past 2 days, have learned that I'm suppose to get paid 1 week late. I will wait and see. Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 02:50 PM

Actually no, you are suppose to be paid on the regular pay date, but if they are going to pay one week late, you would already be paid before you can do anything from legal side
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 6, 2010, 06:40 AM

Some states actually have different rules for terminating employees.

In the state of Idaho if you give a written request for your final check you have to be paid within 48 hours. I know other states have such rules also.

I would definitely give a written request for your final check and call DOL to find out what the rules are for the state in which you work!

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dividends paid out of retained earnings [ 2 Answers ]

Dividends are sometimes said to have been paid "out of retained earnings". What is the error, if any, in that statement? What I understood is that dividends can be paid out in the form of a cheque (cash), in form of additional stock chasere of the issuing corporation, and in form of assets from...

Final judgment paid by writ of garnishment [ 18 Answers ]

I have paid off a final judgment through a writ of garnishment and now the attorney wants to add interest and fees to the figure, can he do that or are the fees and interest already figured into the final judgment? Thanks

Can the employer withhold earnings? (NC) [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so here is the scenario... my friend is a manager of a hotel, A deposit went missing and the corporate office is saying that she is responsible for the money being paid back. She is resigning from her position as the manager. So my question is... Can the employer withhold this certain amount of...

Final notice from collection agency [ 9 Answers ]

Live in PA got a FINAL NOTICE from a collection agency because of classes I enrolled but never paid for(and actually never attended). I have been in financial trouble for the past six months because I had gotten laid off from my mortgage job and ran up huge credit card debt. I am wondering if I...

View more questions Search