Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SharonMacross Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2004, 12:05 AM
    Fingerprints
    I work part time for a food service and from washing dishes to accidental burns, it's not too good for my hands. Out of my ten fingers I only have two fingerprints left. The rest are completely smooth but wrinkly. :-/

My question is, will they come back? I miss being able to effectively turn a page or hold on to something with out it slipping. Thanks in advanced!
    farhibide Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2005, 08:34 PM
    When I was a toddler I burnt the palms of my hands severely on a kerosene heater. The doctors told my parents I would not have fingerprints. 22 years later my fingerprints are intact and they were extremely bad burns. I had huge blisters. I think your fingerprints will most likely come back but only with time and special care.
    thetachi464 Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Mar 11, 2005, 09:21 PM
    I was a cook for about 5 years and I understand where you are coming from. Don't worry they will come back it may take some time but you'll get them back.
    My main problem when I was a cook was I could not feel if something was hot. I had lost most of the feeling in my hands but after about a year I got most of the feeling back. The only thing I can tell you is to wear gloves when you wash dishes that can help with that but if you cook or you have your hands in heat all the time then there is nothing that I found to help. Hope this helps.
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Mar 19, 2005, 09:38 PM
    As suggested try wearing gloves to keep your hands dry. Also use moisturizers (hand cream, vaseline, etc) to help with keeping your skin from drying out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search