Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jodiewelch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 12:09 PM
    Cold air duct in the basement ceiling
    The basement is concrete. It appears we will have to go to the other side of the concret wall and run duct work from the furnace down the wall which means removing a cement block for a cold air return. I think it makes more sense to leave the cold air duct in the ceiling... Dry wall around it and add something decorative so it can still breath... help... thanks Jodie

Check out some similar questions!

Can I replace 12x8 cold air return duct with 12 inch flex duct in my basement? [ 2 Answers ]

I need head room in my basement and want to take down the old cold air return metal duct work 12x 8 and re-route to the plenum with 12"flex duct. Will this be a problem with the furnace working properly? Please advise

Can you put furniture on a cold air duct [ 2 Answers ]

My living room is small and there is a large cold air duct in the way. Can I put a piece of furniture on top of it?

Cold draft from ceiling duct in winter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a heater/AC unit in my attic. It is gas. I have a two large ducts coming from the main unit that lead to boxes that then feed several smaller ducts. When the heat is not on, I can feel a cold draft coming from most of these vents. The temperature in the duct, when the heat is not...

Basement ceiling exposed duct, pipes and wires [ 1 Answers ]

My basement ceiling to floor measue 72" from floor to drywalled ceiling. My problem the prior owners attached ductwork and wires over the drywall. A suspended ceiling will not work takes up too much height. Walls and floor concrete. Any suggestions would be helpful. If I could see some...

Cold return air duct [ 2 Answers ]

Because the egress windows from the basement will not be large enough for the fresh air requirement, I have to install a ventilation return duct from outside. How do I go about doing this? My local Lowe's only appeared to have exhausts, but no intakes. It also needs to be 6", so I can't modify a...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.