Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catmck2204 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 08:07 AM
    What does a building manager charge for on call serices for a condo building?
    I have been asked by a property management company what I would charge to a condo board for on call resolve to building maintenance problems, noise complaints etc. They want to be charged per issue. Some things would require going on site to meet the trades and some issues could be resolved by phone or an email. I do not know what to charge for these services. They are wanting a fee structure.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2010, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catmck2204 View Post
    They want to be charged per issue. Some things would require going on site to meet the trades and some issues could be resolved by phone or an email. I do not know what to charge for these services. They are wanting a fee structure.
    Hello c:

They want a FLAT rate. But, you say that some things can be handled easily, and others are going to require a lot more time... Since you don't KNOW the nature of these calls and actually HOW much time each one would take, I wouldn't give them a flat rate unless you made sure that the flat rate covered you if ALL the calls took a long time...

IF you bid the job like that, it's going to be REAL high, and they'll never hire you. If you bid it lower, they'll hire you, and you'll go broke. What they want you to do is enter into a NO WIN situation. I'd bid it hourly for the reasons I explained. They're probably NOT going to accept it, and that ain't BAD for you.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insufficient Hot Water; Multi-unit Condo Building [ 19 Answers ]

I live in a 9 floor, 30 unit residential condo building and we have historically experienced intermittent problems with hot water getting to units or taking a long time to warm up. Recently the problems have gotten much worse and we are seeing complete outages on mid to high level floors. We have...

Age of Condo Building? [ 2 Answers ]

How would I find out how old my Chicago 6 flat condo building is?

FIRE at our condo building! [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not sure where to put this - so I'll try here. My husband, son, and I own a condo. There are 8 units in the building (4 on one side and 4 on the other) This is the only condo building also (we don't live in a condo community) This past Sunday morning (Oct 12) my husband got home from...

Condo building - water in sinks but NOT in shower? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Quick history. Earlier this week the water pump in my condo building was making a horrible noise. A guy came out and we got a new impeller. Seemed to be fine... then today I went to take a shower and not even a drip came out of the bathroom faucet. Now, I have water in my kitchen and...

View more questions Search